Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
WTF?
12,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Page 6, lower righthand side. $850, piston driven, flat top M-4 upper, lazer front sight, sling, flip down rear sight, WASP coating, etc. Or would the S&W be a better choice at $849 or $899? The S&W's aren't piston operated are they? Is that really important at all?

http://site.cdnninvestments.com/CDNN2010-6/index.html

·
WTF?
12,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Dang guys, I'm itching to buy an AR (for plinking/hunting hogs/ zombie insurgentcy/etc.). Someone give me some advice on these from the link! Please! Anybody?

This place is a trustworthy source for guns here. I know people who have purchased from them. They deliver them to a local FFL, and they charge $20 for the transfer. So that's not the issue. Is the gun worth the $850? Are the CMMG's reliable? ETC.

·
Dick for hire
17,960 Posts
I have that CMMG upper. Its the shortest upper you'll find for the AR-15. The barrel is actually only 14.5". That muzzlebrake/whateveryougunnutscallit is welded on and makes up the other 1.5" to give it enough length to not be a sbr.

I would pick the CMMG over the S&W. They are a quality manufacturer and that is a good price. I paid 650 just for my upper.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Nothing wrong with CMMG's at all and S&W does also make a piston gun but it is a spx model. Never got into the hole piston thing much, since I dont see a reason to fix something that is not broke. Reading about piston guns is endless to say the least.

·
WTF?
12,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well imagine that, they are sold out of all CMMG's. I can get the S&W 811000 for $799. This is what I'm thinking about doing now. Or may look at one with more options.

Thanks!

·
Dick for hire
17,960 Posts
Well imagine that, they are sold out of all CMMG's. I can get the S&W 811000 for $799. This is what I'm thinking about doing now. Or may look at one with more options.

Thanks!
S&W AR15s were on sale for like $650 a while ago.

·
WTF?
12,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Dick for hire
17,960 Posts
Where, and what good does that do me now? LOL.:p
No good, because they're all gone. But I mean, I just thought you should know so you hate yourself as much as I hate myself for not buying one....or 10.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
You will be fine with eather. The CMMG with the piston setup is a little nicer though. You may also want to look at what RRA, Stag, and Double star have. One thing with the Double Stars you have to keep the barrels clean due to none coated finish.

·
WTF?
12,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No good, because they're all gone. But I mean, I just thought you should know so you hate yourself as much as I hate myself for not buying one....or 10.
Yeah, thanks man.:)

·
WTF?
12,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for all the info!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts