Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I'm new to these transmissions, trying to decide on which one.
What are the pro's and con's of each brand, to suit 1200hp 2100lbs vehicle.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
9,523 Posts
If you plan to move up in power I would suggest the Liberty. The dual countershafts create a much stronger unit. If you never plan to add power you might, rare, see a slight ET advantage to the Jerico. The Liberty stuff is really a great piece.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Liberty all the way...They cost a little more in the beginning but you save in the end because they are bulletproof.

I Liberty runs allmost totally free,a Jerico run in a state of constant bind from only having one countershaft.It trys to push itself away from the mainshaft and causes friction,it's the reason no NHRA Pro Stocks run them.They ALL run Libertys..

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
We run a Liberty Extreme behind a D-Rotor screw blown Keith Black in a 3200 lb outlaw truck . Trans is awesome . Liberty all the way .

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
liberty is by far the best. stronger lighter and faster. jerico is good for a light car. if you keep that power and weight you would be fine but id get the liberty

·
Registered
9,952 Posts
liberty, g force then...............................................jericho

personally owned a jericho wasnt happy, have a g force now and havent had any problems, but liberty is the shit

·
Registered
9,952 Posts
liberty is by far the best. stronger lighter and faster. jerico is good for a light car. if you keep that power and weight you would be fine but id get the liberty
no sir, we are breaking them in 2000pnd cars

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
If you shop for used Liberty's, make sure you get the newer version. The older has welded cluster sets, so if you want to change gears it requires getting entire cluster sets. THere are a couple gear ratio combos that can use the same but not many. The new is splined clusters.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Jerico is coming out with a stronger piece, should be out anytime now as they already have them in a few cars I believe. You might check it out as it would be less coin than the liberty. Most of the people I have seen break the jerico's are because they are running way to much clutch. I will say the liberty is a nice piece.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Yes i run a G-force gfr, clutchless 5spd, in a 3450lb. car at 1100hp grabing gears at 9500rpm. there a good piece, but you cant beat a liberty

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Anyone have any input on the G-Force GF-2000's ?

·
Registered
6,550 Posts
Yes i run a G-force gfr, clutchless 5spd, in a 3450lb. car at 1100hp grabing gears at 9500rpm. there a good piece, but you cant beat a liberty
when you going to bring that chevelle out to a stick race, UMTR, or magnolia and d42 are doing some indepentent ones ?? I've seen it at d42, and it leaves pretty good !

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
liberty is not LIGHTER, its one of the heaviest if not the heaviest transmision on the market... good trans though!

1 - 20 of 61 Posts