Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen a few but never had a clutch before. I am building a turbo car with clutch and Lenco. Any pointers, do you just leave on full boost and manage power w/ clutch and timing or what?

·
My Own Worst Enemy
3,411 Posts
You will still want to use a boost controller. It is cheaper and easier to manage the power with an EFI system and a boost controller than it is to burn up discs and have to resurface the everything all the time. Hire a good clutch guy for the first year out with it. It will be money well spent.

·
My Own Worst Enemy
3,411 Posts
Joe Oplawski and Dan Saitz both are very capable of setting up a clutch. Both of them are also well versed in turbo/clutch combination's. Dan has been running a clutch for years on both single and twin turbo power plants and has done very well. Joe tuned Chuck Samuel to multiple Fun Ford, WFC, and many other Championships.

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
another vote for Joe. He helps us with our OL10.5 car, one smart dude right there!!

Bob

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
Do you have a clutch yet big or small tire what kind of motor etc etc............get an ams 1000 step 1

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
427 small block w/ single 114mm. 10" triple clutch w/ 33x10.5w tire. B&J 3 speed w/ 2.07 first gear. Already have an AMS. 2600lbs car. 4.56 rear.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Joe Oplawski and Dan Saitz both are very capable of setting up a clutch. Both of them are also well versed in turbo/clutch combination's. Dan has been running a clutch for years on both single and twin turbo power plants and has done very well. Joe tuned Chuck Samuel to multiple Fun Ford, WFC, and many other Championships.
How do I get a hold of this Joe O.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I run a lenco CS3 5 speed with a Tilton 3 disc clutch. I find it easier and way cheaper to manage wheel speed with my haltech than with the clutch.

·
On the flow bench
13,722 Posts
427 small block w/ single 114mm. 10" triple clutch w/ 33x10.5w tire. B&J 3 speed w/ 2.07 first gear. Already have an AMS. 2600lbs car. 4.56 rear.

Travis Quillen..
he helps andy jensen,
and runs his / bulter car too....
both clutchs

·
Registered
55 Posts

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
I would strongly recommend a 5 speed it will make a happy combination. What kind of floater. And facings are on your clutch. Also the 2.07 will make a good. 2nd gear

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I would strongly recommend a 5 speed it will make a happy combination. What kind of floater. And facings are on your clutch. Also the 2.07 will make a good. 2nd gear
I know nothing about a clutch. I know the floaters are bronze, as far as the disks I dont know.

·
Registered
9,523 Posts
I strongly suggest a 4-speed trans. I have been dealing with SBF's single clutch cars for about 10 years now. A 5-speed will promote shake on the gear change. Bronze floaters are a great start, do you know the brand of clutch? That is also way too much rear gear for that package.

·
My Own Worst Enemy
3,411 Posts
http://www.hyperaktiveps.com/
or he is Procrew here in YB.com

He also makes one wicked boost controller. we went from an AMS to the HyperKontroller & are very happy with the switch.

Bob
Plus Joe is just a fun guy to have around. His boost controller is just simply amazing.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I strongly suggest a 4-speed trans. I have been dealing with SBF's single clutch cars for about 10 years now. A 5-speed will promote shake on the gear change. Bronze floaters are a great start, do you know the brand of clutch? That is also way too much rear gear for that package.
AFT clutch.

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
The bronze Aft is a good set up we went from a 4 speed to a 5 speed. And it made the car alot Happier In the Gear Changes. Also running. A 2.40 plus low gear 4.56 rear with a 34.5 tire

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Chris, get ahold of Jimmy and Vic Keen, there local and have many years experience with the turbo and clutch combo. plus there pretty good friends with the old timer Tony Christian and that man is pretty damn good with a clutch also.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts