Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What diameter cleco clamps do most of you guys use? I'm about to purchase some and haven't done sheetmetal work with them before. Also about how many do you like to use per setup? I know each piece has a different amount of clamps that you would use so I'm just looking for an average number.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
1/8" is the most common. If you just have one project, you may can get by with 100 or so. If you are going to be doing a lot sheet metal work as time goes on, I would just jump out there and get 300 or so. You can usually get them cheaper if you ask for a quantity discount. It really just depends if you need to hold something completely flat, exactly like it will be when its bolted or riveted on the car. I have more but I usually make a panel and cleco it in place in every hole to begin with. Then once I am sure I like it, I will just leave a few in and use the others on the next panel.

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
1/8" here also. I get them from aircraftspruce.com. I think they are about $.43 each or something. I have probably around 100 now...anytime I place an order I throw in 10 or 15...you NEVER have enough.

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
1/8" here also. I get them from aircraftspruce.com. I think they are about $.43 each or something. I have probably around 100 now...anytime I place an order I throw in 10 or 15...you NEVER have enough.
Thats where I get mine from too. If you get 100pcs there is a 15% discount. Like everyone says, you can't have enough. I have several hundred each of 1/8 (fits 1/8 and 6 -32, and 3/16 (also fits 10 - 32. Next time I get something from aircraft spruce I need to get 5/32 (fits 8 - 32 also) I keep them all in a large tackle box that has a divider/ lift out tray. Also get some cleco sheet metal clamps. They grip from the side w/o a hole. kinda like a vise grip. 25 or so is a good start for them. At about 39c each, 100 -150 bucks will buy you plenty.

·
FUCKING ASSHOLE SINCE '61
7,348 Posts
You try Cleco stuff once, you will never figure out how you did

things before them!!!!

You NEVER have enough!!!!

I would be lost without them

Your Pal, Gary

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
so basically these are temporary rivets?

·
7.86 @ 8800DA 3365lb 275s
4,502 Posts
so basically these are temporary rivets?
yes, even temporary bolts. looked a little bit a cokids website, didn't realize they made them in 1/4" he has some neat shit on there them stubby clecos are cool too. the 1/8" he sells for .39 each bad thing is i have to pay sales tax if i buy from him :mad:

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
yes, even temporary bolts. looked a little bit a cokids website, didn't realize they made them in 1/4" he has some neat shit on there them stubby clecos are cool too. the 1/8" he sells for .39 each bad thing is i have to pay sales tax if i buy from him :mad:
If you get 100 from air spruce, 43c minus 15% is 36cents. If I remember correctly, I bought like 300 one time and got a better deal than that.

Kyle, those side clamps are great. easier to apply than a small vise grip. But man will they pinch the crap out of you if you let em. Those things grip HD. LOL

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts