Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Cry me a river
1,470 Posts
I was the product designer for a company that produced this type of product for years . Be VERY carefull in what product you use as the are night and day . 3m makes one of the worst products you can buy . If you are needing a small amount I have some here at the shop of very high quality i can give ya . I have installed this product on several top fuel cars and boats as well as WAY TO MANY drag bikes . shoot me a PM if ya need some info .

This product was initially made for the military in desert storm to protect the blades of the choppers from the sand blasting they got flying over the desert .

·
Cry me a river
1,470 Posts
the new Xpel is good product also .

·
Cry me a river
1,470 Posts
What ever you do DO NOT DO NOT use ANY kind of soap solution . In testing we did at the Univ of Purdue it was found that the detergent was the leading cause for adhesive failure .

·
Cry me a river
1,470 Posts
Not sure on xpel but the gel in some install solutions is the product that makes soap slipery . I think its called xantham gum . it is also used in food as a preservative . Just a lil scientific info hehehe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.