Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So long story short bagged my car to do a quick blow in on a bumper, when i removed the plastic the hood was completely marred almost looks like massive water spots. Has to be cut/polished to remove. I have never seen this before, any of you who do this daily ever come across this?

In addition, other parts of the car, clear looks like its got patches that keep showing up on the clear that always need to be cut/polished. Any ideas:confused:

·
43,044 Posts
Yes, it's usually due to water or moisture caused by humidity being trapped under the plastic.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The hood was ironically painted this week of last year, the rest of the car was painted the year before. It was a little humid when I spot repaired so Frank might be right because the car was dry and cleaned before being wrapped. It was only wrapped for a couple hours guess that was enough to do damage. I have to paint the underside of the hood so I might just DA it and flow coat it just in case jpatt87 is right and shows up again.

Lesson 257 learned. Biggest lesson is never go with "boutique" internet sensation crap product, I would happily get reamed and purchase name brand or even their cheap line before following suit in hopes of getting excellent stuff at a cheap price.

·
Registered
808 Posts
I might just DA it and flow coat it just in case jpatt87 is right and shows up again.
The guys for sure on top of this...the car was damp or the garage floor wet & the moisture rose up under the plastic, ect.

As to the idea of re-spraying "to be sure" it wont show up. I will say: "Waste of time & materials" If those marks do indeed come back, they will do the same right through the new layer of clear as well. Acid rain, ghost lines from decals, ect. CAN NOT be "fixed" by sanding clear & re-clearing. Period.

It's even been done (as the "correct" procedure" from the manufacturer, ect. as a means of warranty repair) but its a vary poor band aid. Sand it with 1500 or so & buff it. It will be fine. Is there a chance some day under a certain light, you may see a geometric shape? Yep, but that will remind you not to ever do that again. My Two Cents, Lorne

1 - 7 of 7 Posts