Yellow Bullet Forums banner
21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
I think it's a matter of how you apply it and take it off. It took me a couple tries to get it right. With the DSI you need to get each panel wet, spray the DSI on when the panel is damp (not soaked) and let it sit for a couple of minutes and then scrub it around with a brush. It needs a little time to bond with the aluminum. If you're in the sun, it won't work right. Don't be stingy with the amount you spray on, you should go through a gallon for a large trailer. Mine is 40' and I get by on a gallon. It's a real PITA no matter what you use. Since it rains for 6 months straight here, I usually wait until around October to do it.
I will admit the DSI seems to work better than the Trailer Bright and I do wet the panels prior to scrubbing....it sure ain't as easy as they say it is...I have a fifty footer with and extra foot in height...:butthead: I'm thinking of rubber coating the entire roof to put an end to the black streaks, should also help keep it cooler inside...?????

Rick

·
Banned
69,762 Posts
I will admit the DSI seems to work better than the Trailer Bright and I do wet the panels prior to scrubbing....it sure ain't as easy as they say it is...I have a fifty footer with and extra foot in height...:butthead: I'm thinking of rubber coating the entire roof to put an end to the black streaks, should also help keep it cooler inside...?????

Rick
I think it's the aluminum rain panels (whatever they're technically called) that cause the streaks. I coated the entire roof with this http://www.kilz.com/ then put 2 coats of this on top http://www.actiocms.com/VIEW_MSDS/Z...1a554734a-29032B29-CE13-07A5-C400B7BE6FB160C7.

It came out looking fantastic and since my trailer is white it's never any hotter inside than it is outside. Only problem is, it didn't make one bit of difference in the streaking.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Totally Awesome-Thats some good shit!!!!!

AWESOME cleaner from dollar general. $1.00 bottle. spray trailer thouroghly, scrub with sponge or brush and wash off.
Your correct, It's only a dollar a bottle,and it out performs anything I have tried.Full strength and dampen surface and using a rv type brush with a adjustable handle,I use it in the shade or a rainy day starting from the bottom and work up,so no streams of solvent run down from the top,I also put metal gutters along the top ( ordered from Cargo mate trailers ) they work real good to slow down the black streaks.-- Bob

·
Banned
69,762 Posts
I also put metal gutters along the top ( ordered from Cargo mate trailers ) they work real good to slow down the black streaks.-- Bob
They musta came out with those AFTER they built my trailer, lol.

·
ALL MOTOR BITCHES !
2,456 Posts
How about this guys .....I'll bring my trailer down .......with 4 cases of beer and you all can show it how it's dunn :)

BTW my trailer is just 12 months old and it's been inside from mid Sept. last fall till the 1st.of June.The gutter thing sound good

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
How about this guys .....I'll bring my trailer down .......with 4 cases of beer and you all can show it how it's dunn :)

BTW my trailer is just 12 months old and it's been inside from mid Sept. last fall till the 1st.of June.The gutter thing sound good
They don't make enough beer...:cool:

Rick

·
Registered
292 Posts
RV-455 is very easy to use. It is the best on the market. I will go toe to toe with any product out there. WWW.SPEEDSCENERACING.com did a taped show on the product a few years back and loved the ease of how well it worked and found none better. PM me and I will get with each of you on a one on one basis. You will be very happy. You gety your $$$ back no questionas asked with the unused portion of RV-455 if you are not 100% happy!

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman5426
AWESOME cleaner from dollar general. $1.00 bottle. spray trailer thouroghly, scrub with sponge or brush and wash off.

x2, it works very well
Hey Jim....it's actually called "AWESOME"...?????

Rick

·
cynic/realist
15,961 Posts
I bought about 15 bottles of that stuff for my trailer. After about 2 hours, I got a strip about 5 feet wide scrubbed to where it looked good. So, in about a week it would look pretty good. It's only a dollar for a reason.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Fellow Yb member sells it

I have a non-acid black streak remover that is made for rv's and motorhomes and works great. I sell it by the gallon and for a fellow YB member it's $13.00.(rv 455 is $34.95) and yes it works that good, or I'll give you your money back!!!! If you'd like, just ask Barry Ballard he uses all my products and swears by it. Feel free to call I'm at Milan every heads up race 419-367-1163----------Mark

21 - 40 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.