Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this is a great cleaner for, well, just about anything, although I probably wouldnt brush your teeth with it. I cleaned my house with it yesterday and all the gutters and siding look like brand new. Its also a good alternative for your parts washer!! Environmentally friendly too (didnt kill the bushes or flowers).

http://www.ultraoneusa.com/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=11&cat=Ultra+One+Degreaser

Sorry if this was posted already or in another forum but this stuff rules!

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Found this is a great cleaner for, well, just about anything, although I probably wouldnt brush your teeth with it. I cleaned my house with it yesterday and all the gutters and siding look like brand new. Its also a good alternative for your parts washer!! Environmentally friendly too (didnt kill the bushes or flowers).

http://www.ultraoneusa.com/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=11&cat=Ultra+One+Degreaser

Sorry if this was posted already or in another forum but this stuff rules!
How does it work on the black streaks? I've used Trailer Bright and a couple of others that work, but it still comes off very tough...????

Rick

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Havent tried it on my trailer yet but on the siding on the house, it was about 2-3 seconds and all the crap was running right off. Mold spots, stains and whatever the cloudy coating is came off before I could even finish spraying the section I was cleaning. Should work well without much effort at all. I will report back after I try it on the trailer. Its a grey Classic by the way.....and dirty!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Tilex mold and mildew remover or cheap Kroger brand stuff works good. A wax may be needed afterwards!
I'm also trying to remove the dull look off my trailer. Not using the Tilex on the trailer but does anyone have any other tricks?

·
ALL MOTOR BITCHES !
2,456 Posts
Thanks guys I just did my Trailer (sunday ) ....phucking black streaks.I used this spray on shit from Wally World...... 5 hours later (48' long) she was done. Now I'm waxing her ! What a job !

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Go to your local FleetPride "heavy duty truck/trailer parts" store and ask for the Purple Power cleaner/degreaser or the truck wash. They also have some Aluminum Brightener that works really well.. 1 gallon or 5 gallon buckets..

·
Registered
143 Posts
Ive used purple power on my old trailer several times.

Now it needs to be painted. It will talk all the color off the panels after a few washins.

·
Registered
292 Posts
RV-455 hands down is the best! The product works very easily! It is designed to work above 70 degrees. The reason is that the pores in paint,fiberglass,Gel Coat and so on open up and let the cleaner do its job instead of your elbow. RV-455 will leave your surface smooth and a high gloss like it has just been waxed! RV-455 is the lowest in content of caustic of anyother product on the market today! Many believe Caustic is the answer to a clean surface...thats incorrect! RV-455 is a great degreaser,carpet cleaner and vinyl, leather and plastic cleaner as well. One tidbit...Trailer Brite comes from a guy in Fla. that was a customer of RV-455. When RV-455 came on the market for sale the guy tried to buy RV-455 and could not put the deal together! Not even 6 months later the man that knew nothing about chemicals or cleaners has his own product. RV-455 may be a little more expensive and we all know you get what you pay for. Give it a try. You will be happy.... 800-223-7119

·
**BOOSTED SBF***
3,303 Posts
How much of the RV-455 will I need to order to clean a 36' motorhome and 28' tag trailer with extra height? Neither are extremely dirty but the motorhome does have a few of the black streaks that need to be removed. It hasn't been long since we cleaned the trailer and waxed it too but it could still stand to have a good cleaning while I'm at it. I'm just curious how much product I need to order to get this job done properly.

·
Banned
69,762 Posts
What kind of wax did you use ??
I think I used regular Turtle Wax. It repelled water better, but it sucked in more of the aluminum oxide that dripped down the sides.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
RV-455 hands down is the best! The product works very easily! It is designed to work above 70 degrees. The reason is that the pores in paint,fiberglass,Gel Coat and so on open up and let the cleaner do its job instead of your elbow. RV-455 will leave your surface smooth and a high gloss like it has just been waxed! RV-455 is the lowest in content of caustic of anyother product on the market today! Many believe Caustic is the answer to a clean surface...thats incorrect! RV-455 is a great degreaser,carpet cleaner and vinyl, leather and plastic cleaner as well. One tidbit...Trailer Brite comes from a guy in Fla. that was a customer of RV-455. When RV-455 came on the market for sale the guy tried to buy RV-455 and could not put the deal together! Not even 6 months later the man that knew nothing about chemicals or cleaners has his own product. RV-455 may be a little more expensive and we all know you get what you pay for. Give it a try. You will be happy.... 800-223-7119
When you say it removes black streaks....just how easily does it remove them??? I ask because I have tried both the: Clean Your Trailer and Trailer Bright products and yes they will remove them (barely), but not without mucho scrubbing and multiple applications...?????

I have spent a small fortune on these wonder products that as far as I'm concerned do not perform as advertised and am hesitant to pay 40 bucks a gallon for another one to sit on the shelf in my shop along with the others.

Rick

·
Banned
69,762 Posts
When you say it removes black streaks....just how easily does it remove them??? I ask because I have tried both the: Clean Your Trailer and Trailer Bright products and yes they will remove them (barely), but not without mucho scrubbing and multiple applications...?????

I have spent a small fortune on these wonder products that as far as I'm concerned do not perform as advertised and am hesitant to pay 40 bucks a gallon for another one to sit on the shelf in my shop along with the others.

Rick
I think it's a matter of how you apply it and take it off. It took me a couple tries to get it right. With the DSI you need to get each panel wet, spray the DSI on when the panel is damp (not soaked) and let it sit for a couple of minutes and then scrub it around with a brush. It needs a little time to bond with the aluminum. If you're in the sun, it won't work right. Don't be stingy with the amount you spray on, you should go through a gallon for a large trailer. Mine is 40' and I get by on a gallon. It's a real PITA no matter what you use. Since it rains for 6 months straight here, I usually wait until around October to do it.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts