Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23,702 Posts

·
Registered
8,681 Posts
x2 on the Simple Green...... Some engines "may" need a little agitation to remove heavy grease or dirt.

TIP! Be VERY CAREFUL what you use on aluminum!..... Simple Green won‘t turn aluminum white.

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
Simple Green and a pressure washer turned down a bit

·
Super Moderator
49,576 Posts
Go to one of those "do it yourself" car washes that has the wand. Take a can of Gunk and a bunch of quarters and have at it.

·
Registered
15,600 Posts
Self Serve Car Wash....Tire And Engine Cleaner...Give it some Dwell Time....High Pressure Soap...Spot Free Rinse....

·
Registered
581 Posts
Make sure you get all the water/moisture out from around 7 and 8. Those are under the tray.look out for VAPOR LOCK!

·
Registered
23,702 Posts
Reactions: 70grnova

·
Banksters Paradise
7,304 Posts
First you start cleaning, then before you know it.....

·
Registered
23,702 Posts
OP forgot abour these Sweet Project Cars YouTube series videos

Watch "How TO CLEAN & SHINE an Engine Bay in 10 Minutes & $1.50" on YouTube

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Last time I cleaned an engine was my 03 6.0 Burb when I was getting ready to sell it. Water got under intake & had to replace the knock sensors. Daily drivers can stay dirty!

·
Registered
23,702 Posts
Last time I cleaned an engine was my 03 6.0 Burb when I was getting ready to sell it. Water got under intake & had to replace the knock sensors. Daily drivers can stay dirty!
Yes excellent point as to probable/possible sensor damage wo consulting DIY info 1st... 💡

Recall issues w C4 ZR1 intake area mounted factory engine starters and sensors damaged by water... 🌵

AKA: Do your homework BF (y)

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OP forgot abour these Sweet Project Cars YouTube series videos

Watch "How TO CLEAN & SHINE an Engine Bay in 10 Minutes & $1.50" on YouTube
Thanks, I like the idea of no water since some have had issues with electronics.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts