Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a classic system and want to put on 4V Mod Motor.
Can I use the Fast Edist to accomplish this? and use coil packs, no distributor?
Does the Edist just connect to the stock crank and cam sensors?
Any insight would be appreciated.
Instructions? Diagrams?
Just trying to get the lil motor going as inexpensively as possible.
AND work.

Thanks!

·
Registered
83 Posts
I would not try it with those coils. The eDist was designed with the idea of directly driving 8 coils, but the design of the product was such that the coil drivers were not able to dissipate the heat sufficiently. LS1 coils are not a problem, and they are the recommended route if you wish to use the eDist, but any set of regular inductive coils will cause the eDist to fail in short order.

·
Registered
83 Posts
LS1 coils work well with this product. The eDist is driven by the points output of the FAST box rather than directly from a crank sensor. A disadvantage to this setup is that you won't have any sort of ignition-based rev limiter.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am trying to find 2 items - the Classic FAST ECU and the FAST edist electronic distributor to purchase - I need the older versions of the current FAST XFI and XIM system as I am restoring a record setting Honda S2000 that used these in it to set a speed record at the Bonneville Salt flats in 2002. The car engine was removed and some of the electronics after the it set the record - you can see the car in the February issue of Car and Driver Magazine 2003 if you're interested. The owners had planned to turn it into a dragster, but never did. It was kept in storage for 12 years until I recently purchased it. I have put the original engine back in the car but it is still lacking these 2 times to fully restore it to its original record setting condition. If anyone out there has these for sale. please contact me.
Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, thanks for responding, yes I would put in the newer system but it will be more valuable if it's as it was when it set the speed record at Bonneville in 2002. It's a piece of history and will likely never be used to race, etc. too bad you don't still have that!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Everything else is as it was in 2002 with the two boxes, once those are plug back in it will be done - ready for the car shows

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks guys for your input! I will check out the classifieds for the classic box and though I need a working box, your edits box might be able to be repaired, how much would you like for it?

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Thanks guys for your input! I will check out the classifieds for the classic box and though I need a working box, your edits box might be able to be repaired, how much would you like for it?
the only box I have is a sequential ecu that does not work.

·
Registered
5 Posts
No problem, I thought you meant you had a fast edist electronic distributor box that wasn't working. Thank you anyway!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts