Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm surprised that no one has posted this before. I'm certainly not a spokesman for CID in any way, but here is my summation:

"Central Illinois Dragway" located near Havana Illinois is back open. (7-17-2020)

This is what I understand. One racer and a previous owner leased the track and volunteers worked for several weeks getting facilities up and running. Track was scraped, prepped and after two nights of running, it is hooking really well. We cut the best 60' times Saturday we have ever cut. (went from 1.21 to 1.19).

CID has been and was an IHRA track last year. With such a late season start, track is an "Outlaw" track for this year to see how it goes before becoming affiliated with IHRA or NHRA. IHRA tech and track rules are being used.

CID is an eighth mile track. A very good track with a long shutdown. The track is being ran by experienced people who all race themselves.

It's a track being managed by and for racers.

Attendance the first night (Friday) T&T was great. Saturday they ran brackets, street, bikes, etc.. All classes appeared to have good numbers. A lot of fast door cars in SP. I think there had to be over fifty cars in SP. If you weren't cutting low .0xx lights and running your numbers you were not going rounds. Good, good competition.

There were good numbers of butts in the bleachers (hill side) and everyone was being very well behaved as far as "social distancing".

There are a lot of good tracks out there and hopefully we now have another one.

Thanks to all who busted their butts to make this happen. All of us addicted to speed and competition appreciate it more than you know! There are few people in this world better than a bunch of true die hard drag racers.

Pooch

·
T/S 368E
28,909 Posts

I was hoping to get to the tracks down south this year, but I got screwed over and nothing is ready to run :(

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
It was a year ago last weekend we ran there, great track. Hope to get back there soon

1 - 4 of 4 Posts