Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for opinions. Do you guys think a 427sbf is to much for a tricked out GT47-88 turbo ?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The only reason i'm going with the GT47-88 is that the rules only allow a 88mm turbo and I will get a weight break with the GT47. My turbo guy told me that the turbo will have to much back pressure and wouldnt make enough power to fall out of a tree ....... just looking for others opinions

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
The only reason i'm going with the GT47-88 is that the rules only allow a 88mm turbo and I will get a weight break with the GT47. My turbo guy told me that the turbo will have to much back pressure and wouldnt make enough power to fall out of a tree ....... just looking for others opinions
Your turbo guy is right. You need a bigger hotside.

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
Lotta cubes for that hotside depending on application. X275 car? No motor is too big. Street car that can put 1000 to the ground? It absolutely will work if you set the motor up to be done rpm wise by 6200-6500. I would also go with the t6 housing and not the T4 stuff.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I think you might get that to work if you could run a 1.5 a/r. Anything smaller and the backpressure will be really high. I have already seen the bp numbers on a smaller engine with a 1.39 a/r and it was high. I would look at something bigger with that much cubes.

·
Custom Engine Shop
3,812 Posts
88mm class motor should be about 100 cid smaller maybe a little bigger. A 380cid would be little big.

·
Satans Daddy
16,251 Posts
you could always open the gate to help with back pressure

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
My tricked out PT88 with a 1.23 a/r T6 hotside turns 7500 rpms with a hydraulic roller cam in a 383 sbf..

I've never checked the back pressure, but it doesn't feel like anything is holding it back on the topend..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts