Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
13,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got one very nice car with some power , just wondering if anybody done some motor work to them, and how they have run??
THANKS.

·
Registered
403 Posts
My neighbor got one. Very nice, it was a total pooch that was owned by an old lady. Found out you can reset the computer by cycling the pedal and doing something with the key. After that the thing woke up and is a blast to drive.

·
Registered
56,906 Posts
I've seen ProChargers on them, and I've put headers ( long tubes ) with MagnaFlo mufflers and it wakes them up pretty good.

·
Registered
13,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys would like to know more about the computer deal ..
old geezer with the magnaflow system can you feel more power ?? or just a differant sound

·
Registered
13,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
13,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the link to the site
damb they got these bitchs in the 10.0 to 9.60 range ..

·
Aviation Section
25,572 Posts
I would forget the chips and tuners/programmers and call these people: http://www.bgchrysler.com/

Get your computer flashed by them and you are done with the electronics. Then do the exhaust, intake (Airaid), throttle body spacer and you are good to go.

The best thing with the most bang is the blower, if you don't want to pony up the cash though just do the flash with the bolt-ons, that will put the car in high twelves.

If you get down to Miami come and drive my Hemi Ram, I have done all that I suggested to you plus the 4:56 gear and it is night and day different. If you really want to get serious you need to pop the heads for some work and change the cam, then that thing will fly but my motor is stock in the truck and I will probably not go any farther. Dave

·
Registered
13,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks dave I'm in fort lauderdale may have to come buy and get some help ..
thanks dave f.

·
Aviation Section
25,572 Posts
thanks dave f.
Dave, talked to you when I crewed on the Rey Cash Pro Mod, know you are good people and you can drive the truck anytime, we"ll even line them up together on 826 and run for grins! Dave

·
Registered
39 Posts
thanks dave f.
Recently got rid of my srt8 300. Blast to drive. I actually have most of my aftermarket parts still.( air raid, magna flow and 22's that came with the car). Might be forgetting something but if your interested it's collecting dust.

·
Registered
13,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Dave, talked to you when I crewed on the Rey Cash Pro Mod, know you are good people and you can drive the truck anytime, we"ll even line them up together on 826 and run for grins! Dave
thanks to all. seems like alot of after market parts for this car very cool ..
dave can you help me sort this out for me ??
and how the hell is ray doing...

·
Aviation Section
25,572 Posts
Rey opened up another Pawn Shop and it entailed basically building a new building out of an old one and then setting up shop, he is going to be to busy for awhile to come out and play but when he gets this thing going on cruise control where he can leave his employees, watch out, he will be back at PBIR!

As I said if you don't mind spending the money the blower is the way to go, you might find some used ones out there where guys have stepped up or sold the cars that you can buy.

As Matt said call Arrington. Call B&G, get some current knowledge from the guys like them that deal with this everyday.

I did my truck in 2006, I know that B&G have upgraded thier flash several times since then so there is better and more current stuff out there then I have.

This engine has no torque, then when you saddle it in a truck (5300# for mine) a gear really helps it a bunch. The cam is a weak sister and should be replaced, don't go with the factory 6.1 stick, that is what we did when we had no aftermarket support when these were new, run one of the Comp cams/springs/ kits and while you were doing that send the heads out for one of the many companies that have CNC programs for them, they really respond to cam and head work. BES used to have one of the best programs for these heads.

You know the rest, how fast do you want to go comes down to how much money you want to spend. I bought #17 SRT-8 6.1 Challenger and it runs a whole lot better then the 5.7, has a different style exhaust port so it you want to engine swap one of these for your 5.7 it requires a different header so be aware.

Some companies are putting the 6.1 intake on the 5.7 as it is better but that entails some cash outlay also.

The more you get into this the more the blower makes sense with an upgraded exhaust. Dave

·
Registered
13,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
thanks for putting me in the right direction , will get incontact with these companys . just looking for 150 hp more , you know a fun sleeper !!yes the blower is a very nice package .. when I get some of this complete will come by and take you up on 826 THANKS AGAIN ....YB ... AND PLEASE TELL RAY THAT I SATD HEY MAN ...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Dave, give Scott and John a call at After Hours Mopar Performance, they are in your neck of the woods and know their way around a Late Model Hemi 954 553-2342. They are sponsors on LXForum as well, you can check them out there.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts