Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Which is the easiest?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
I like spring for reliability, simplicity, and weight. But, if your like some of our customers and want a button on the wheel, use an air system that moves the chute handle in the cockpit. If it fails, and you've got quick reflexes, you've still got manual.

·
**BOOSTED SBF***
3,303 Posts
I like the Stroud Spring Launcher better than any of the other chutes I have used. I have a good friend that ran air launchers and the line cracked and he lost pressure. The chutes got tangled up in the wheelie bars and he crashed the car. His new ride has a pair of spring launchers just like mine now.

Here is what I use.

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
I like the Stroud Spring Launcher better than any of the other chutes I have used. I have a good friend that ran air launchers and the line cracked and he lost pressure. The chutes got tangled up in the wheelie bars and he crashed the car. His new ride has a pair of spring launchers just like mine now.

Thats right I forgot about Strouds ratching set up .... probably the most common system used. Thanks

·
T/S 368E
33,636 Posts

Stroud cannon with spring. Will never have an air launcher on anything I own or drive.
Too many boo boo's from lines pinched, broke, bottle left off ect.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts

Here is what I use.

Ditto!! I had a chute get hung up in the bars too. I now use the above chute. Easy to pack, opens everytime and hit's softer than the old one did.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
the stroud spring launcher works great for me, i never have to worry about running out of CO2. i pull the lever and they both open everytime "great feeling knowing their opening for sure"

·
Montgomery Ragland
3,016 Posts
Stroud spring here love it to death. I have even purposely packed the shute all wrong just to see if it would pop.. upon deployment the thing spun around and around unraveled itself and boom popped right open.

·
The Enemy
22,068 Posts
Stroud spring here love it to death. I have even purposely packed the shute all wrong just to see if it would pop.. upon deployment the thing spun around and around unraveled itself and boom popped right open.
As a child, did you also check to see if the spokes on your bike wheels were loose while riding it?

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
I think there are good and bad about both. I have air on the 90 and its great especially because i use my nitrous to activate them and dont have to worry about c02 the only draw back is that the switch is in back so I am always asking after the burnout if they have hit the switch.(my new car has the switch next to the shifter so i can feel at ease)but the turbo car has co2. they are easier to pack cause they push right in.
the spring type ive used work great also but its a little bit of a pain winding them back up and more time consuming, also I think it doesnt look as good. but like mentioned before, no lines to fail or bottles to go empty and no second guessing if they hit the switch. basically it comes down to preference. I prefer the air.

·
Montgomery Ragland
3,016 Posts
As a child, did you also check to see if the spokes on your bike wheels were loose while riding it?

na always had a friend ride it on the tread mill to check. :drinkers::finga:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts