Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am thinking of putting a chute on my gasser not just for looks but safety curently i am running 9.46 with it but my goal is high 8's.the car is set up true gasser style,bottom of the front rocker panel is 22 inch's from the gournd with the rear about 4 inch's lower.i am concernd that when the chute is opened it will start to unload the rear because of the rake of the car.what do you guys think.

·
Eddie Haskell
7,849 Posts
height of attachment point has alot to do with the rear getting "light"

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Not familiar with the weight distribution of gassers but you need to have your chute pull at the center of gravity for your car. If the chute is anchored above the CG is will pull UP and below CG will pull down. There are also a lot of theories on when to pull the chute such as driving into the chute.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Faster than 10's a chute is required isn't it?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i realize i need a chute but im concerned about setting it up so it will work correct and not make the car do something weird.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Just checking. Some guys assume it pulls really hard.

I think as long as you mount it in the proper location it should be fine. I would assume that the CG of a gasser is relatively high and it would be hard to pull it high enough to want to unload the wheels.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts