Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
couple of weeks ago i said to Chris " let's go run ADRL pro-nitrous and get in some good testing maybe get lucky and qualify."
He says "why not just throw some 10.5's on and run XTF?"
So we did. called Steve Petty and Eric Dillard at Proline for some advise on the tires and setup. Chris looks at the track makes a tune, first pass went left and peddaled a 4.39. not bad i'm thinking.
second pass (1st rnd qual.) went bad left and had to abort to a 4.9 something.
saturday we discovered and bad shock. made some adjustments and managed 4.33 and 4.34 to qual. 9th.
1st rnd. against a great guys and tough competitors "Lambert Racing" who went 4.31 in qual. i was just about to fire up when Chris opens the door and says "BTW i put i little something in the tune for ya."
had a .052 light to Lamberts .025.
both cars 1.046 60's then about 200' ft. out i feel car pull the front end and i'm thinking "HELL YEAH!"
so i'm 2.800 at the '330 to his 2.82 but it's strollin now.
fishined with a 4.22 to Mr. Lamberts strong 4.27.
next rnd. ran into some eletrical gremlin. but i feel certain we could have put the car in the teens. don't know if we would of had anything for BG's awesome 4.14 but who knows. Congrats to fellow Quick 8 Outlaw member Darin Hoyle running 4.27's and going to the finals first time out on 10.5's.

·
Registered
10,175 Posts
damn that's impressive as hell!!! congrats to you and chris on getting the car to run some awesome numbers... which car was this with?

·
Registered
10,175 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
congrats rick. it really would have been nice to race the titan team. for anyone that buys that car: there is alot of potential in that car with 10.5's. those #'s were with no testing on 10.5's what so ever prior to that event. knowing the shock situation and looking at the data, that car can go teens i am very confident in saying so. a don ness chassis on 10.5's is a perfect match:p had alot of fun, adrl is the bomb. nothing but a 1st class event!

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Way to go guys!
MIKE

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Awesome job this weekend, was cool to meet you guy's. Good luck with the new car hope we run into you again soon.
good meeting you as well. wish i coulda got down to meet Andy. Your car is probably my favorite. clean, no stickers, and freakin bad to the bone. taking down the big dogs with no mercy. would have loved to see a win for you guy in the finals. good luck in the future.

also thanks to everyone for the support.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts