Yellow Bullet Forums banner

81 - 100 of 186 Posts

·
remembers
1,279 Posts
I was just reading an article about Drag Weekend in the latest issue of Hot Rod, and noticed the winner was using a Foxwell/Straub top end and valve train combo on his 565 cube badass. Congrats gentlemen !!

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
We did put a 6.0 powerstroke together for a customer with Chris's cam and cylinder heads from XDP. The customer is very happy with it. Power, fuel consumption, and EGT,s much improved on. The 611 Thor is running quite well also. Not alot of time on it, but nothing negative about that one.Still dialing the truck in. Will be very difficult to beat once it's a happy combination!

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Chris and I are both human. We both make mistakes. The best we can do is learn from them and move on. Chris apologized to me and I apologized to him. We accepted each others apologies and happily do business with each other once again. I am not holding any grudges and I don't expect anyone to on my behalf! If Chris has done you wrong, let him know, deal with it and move on. I have made several purchases with Chris since this thread and all is good. If you need perfection, you will have to do it yourself. No one is perfect.

·
Registered
829 Posts
WOW I just read this entire thread.... sitting in a motel room bored. I have been running a Straub cam for the last 2-3 years with his lifters and recommended springs. It has ran great for my application and the service was also very good. I am pulling it out this weekend and installing a different cam from a different mfg because my requirements have changed. My new cam is coming from Rick Jones, the only reason I didn't go back to Straub is because I like support small business and guys getting into the business and i figure Rick has a good reputation. I would have ZERO problem recommending Chris as a cam supplier, he served me well.
Thanks Chris
Tom

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
WOW I just read this entire thread.... sitting in a motel room bored. I have been running a Straub cam for the last 2-3 years with his lifters and recommended springs. It has ran great for my application and the service was also very good. I am pulling it out this weekend and installing a different cam from a different mfg because my requirements have changed. My new cam is coming from Rick Jones, the only reason I didn't go back to Straub is because I like support small business and guys getting into the business and i figure Rick has a good reputation. I would have ZERO problem recommending Chris as a cam supplier, he served me well.
Thanks Chris
Tom
Tom,
Thank you very much. Rick is good people and I agree helping people get started is a kind jesture.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ya, I got a cam from him, dealing was ok but it did not perform in anyway better. Even though it was stated it would pick up xxx amount. Not worth going back and forth cause I know how that shit always ends up, end users fault. I just moved on.
x1000:-kill

·
remembers
1,279 Posts
Got a L31 vortec replacement engine in a g body street driver. Its got the non desirable heavy duty heads with a real weak exhaust port. The cam is 191/196 @ .050, .414, .429 lift. It has a 4 barrel intake and a set of headers on it. Shifting at 4800 rpm, it ran 13.00 @ 102 in the 1/4 in 92 degree heat on street tires rolling out easy so as not to spin,1.81 60'. It runs good for what it is, but if it was a n/a 434 with 930hp, it would probably have something like 279/308 @.050, 113 lsa, .853,.803 lift. Only a chicken shit bitch would delete a post where a guy merely reports his correct observations . A chicken shit, arrogant, spoiled brat, buddy system, minibike-riding MI cock sucker bitch ..

·
Registered
11 Posts
I see the original thread has been deleted.

its OK for the "clan" to have their say, but don't speak bad against them or you'll get deleted.

lucky I got some screnshots of the original thread as I had a hunch it would be deleted.

i'll post some up later.;)
x2

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Straub is a stand up guy no matter what you do in business you will never make everyone happy. You can here 95% of the bullshit but the real 5% is the truth.

·
remembers
1,279 Posts
Got a L31 vortec replacement engine in a g body street driver. Its got the non desirable heavy duty heads with a real weak exhaust port. The cam is 191/196 @ .050, .414, .429 lift. It has a 4 barrel intake and a set of headers on it. Shifting at 4800 rpm, it ran 13.00 @ 102 in the 1/4 in 92 degree heat on street tires rolling out easy so as not to spin,1.81 60'. It runs good for what it is, but if it was a n/a 434 with 930hp, it would probably have something like 279/308 @.050, 113 lsa, .853,.803 lift. Only a chicken shit bitch would delete a post where a guy merely reports his correct observations . A chicken shit, arrogant, spoiled brat, buddy system, minibike-riding MI cock sucker bitch ..
Dude, WTF is wrong with you posting nonsense BS like this? Nobody gives a damn what you think or say, loser. Grow the fuck up and get out of your mom's basement! ..with your slow ass 13 second junk.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Chris have never had any dealings with you and I like you all ready. The way you handled that was stand up and very good not many guys will do that anymore. It takes a big man to look each other in the eye and say sorry and let it all go and move on. I worked for myself from 25 to 40 years of age and people don't grasp the amount of stress that is on you in the moment and people who never work for themselves will never truly get it. I work for someone now lol got burnt out however after working for someone for a little over a year I have come to the conclusion that I'm not as burned out as I thought I was lol I guess I'm to big of an ass to work for someone else lol. But anyway you and the other guy in this thread good job and hope to meet you both one day.

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
Chris have never had any dealings with you and I like you all ready. The way you handled that was stand up and very good not many guys will do that anymore. It takes a big man to look each other in the eye and say sorry and let it all go and move on. I worked for myself from 25 to 40 years of age and people don't grasp the amount of stress that is on you in the moment and people who never work for themselves will never truly get it. I work for someone now lol got burnt out however after working for someone for a little over a year I have come to the conclusion that I'm not as burned out as I thought I was lol I guess I'm to big of an ass to work for someone else lol. But anyway you and the other guy in this thread good job and hope to meet you both one day.

Well thank you for the kind words. The truck went out its first season and won 12 out of 13 hooks. The customers were elated with the power the engine produced in the chassis that they had built from the ground up. 2017 has it with new bearings, rod bolts, and valve springs and it is ready for 2017.

81 - 100 of 186 Posts