Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey chris as i have stated before i have a 91LX hatch 3250# with driver with a 500 inch BBC/nitrous combo. am looking to take advantage of a weight break (300#) for small block and am considering a new combo for the car. car is stock susp w/PG and is set up for drag radials where it will stay. my question is what is the baddest SBF/n20 combo i can build size, heads, block, cam etc. to replace my BBC combo, it has been 5.40's on D/R's on a 400 shot plate, am looking to run 2 foggers on new combo to try and run low 5's (.30's or better) any help would be appreciated, i have never fooled with the ford stuff.

·
Super Moderator
35,256 Posts
I tell ya what give me a couple days to think about this one. What or how is the weight set up in the class? Is it for a class? What are the rules?

Chris

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Come-on Chris what kind of cop-out answer is that?? You know exactly what combination you would build, afterall you've been dreaming about those big inch motors for a while now!!!!

430 to 440 inch, alum block, Bennett heads, there's a starting point for you Chris....lol, Do I need to hold your hand for the rest?????

tom cowle

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
:smt005

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah, just thinking would a sb be better in the chassis as far as weight transfer is concerned (all alum. sbf) and just overall weight 300# is alot of weight for a BB to carry imho when sbf's are making 900hp pretty common nowadays. slap me if i'm crazy LOL... i've also been looking at 604-632BBC short blocks to put under my AFR 357 heads, that's what i'll probably do but just thinking about something different than i already have. and just trying to get lighter. then again, it's hard to keep the nose on the ground as it is... no wheelie bars allowed :-D

·
Super Moderator
35,256 Posts
Well, I understand the weight thing but for 300 pounds the SBF is never going to run with the 632 both on nitrous.... Those are not very sound rules in my opinion... that's pretty unfortunate.

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Call Billy glidden he can make a small block run pretty good,,7.20's??? just a thought. I believe he is THE man to talk to about small block Ford on spray!! Butch

·
Super Moderator
35,256 Posts
Yeah he's the man, but Glidden don't run at only 300 pounds less than a 632, auto against auto... We're talkin 4-500 horsepower difference here.

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Yeah....Yeah that's just what I thought I'd hear :-D 300 lb weight split???only one combo to run,,and thats BIG!!! sounds like someone at Milan is making the rules?? BK

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hell, i thought 300# was HUGE break :-D , it's usually 200# down here in the sticks... i guess i'm gonna run a bigger big block. 8)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts