Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at getting some new slicks for my car. I was looking at hoosier 32x14.5-15 and see that there is two different choices in the same size. My question is, how do I know which compound is best for my car? Is there a chart somewhere that tells what compound for a certain weight or hp or et or how does one select? Teach me please.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Every manufacturer's compounds are specific to them. We always match both the compound to the construction and the application. It's really the whole package you have to look at when trying to find the best tire. So, I'll start with a few questions.

Are you bracket racing or heads up?
How are the tracks prepped where you typically race?
How heavy is your car?
Typical or projected ET/MPH?
What type of rear suspension?
What type of transmission?
If automatic, are you running a transbrake?
What rollout (tire circumference) are you looking for?
How wide is your rim?

Answering some of these questions will get us started.

Thanks,

Jason Moulton

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mostly do index racing. Car weighs 2927 without driver, it is a ladder bar car with a 2 speed glide and a pro brake. The rims are 15x15 as far as rollout I know nothing about it. We have 1/8 mile tracks down here. High 5's on motor very low 5's on spray. Generally race at two tracks and they are night and day different. One is prepped extremly well and has had cars in the 3's the other is poor prep at best hard to hook. The latter is just convienient.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts