Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm a mod motor guy who finally had it with computers and sensors. I'm building a 438 sbf to drop in my '00 Mustang. Please give some suggestions for the carb (and intake).
Will be 95% race. I had a 9s/140s mod motor. Want at least that with the sbf.

Have: Dart Iron Eagle big bore, AFR 225 heads, 13.2:1 forged rotating assembly. What carb? What intake? Thanks.

·
pig hunter
9,424 Posts
stock holly hp 1050 and learn to tune will get you as far as any so called custom carbs out there.... if you have to have a custom call aed, cubic, book, quickfuels....

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
stock holly hp 1050 and learn to tune will get you as far as any so called custom carbs out there.... if you have to have a custom call aed, cubic, book, quickfuels....
The HP vs a Dominator? Advantage or disadvantage in my build?

·
pig hunter
9,424 Posts
that is a 4500.. i don't use a 4150 on anything but a lawn mower lol... 4150 are fine.. i use a 4500 in most stuff 550+ even down to 450-500hp if it has a lot of gear and loose convertor.. weight doesn't mean dick to me unless it's a stick car. the convertor doesn't let the engine bog or be lazy when it's reving to 5000+ of the hit... the carb see's enough signal also.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that is a 4500.. i don't use a 4150 on anything but a lawn mower lol... 4150 are fine.. i use a 4500 in most stuff....
Alright. 4500 is what I thought you meant. Good.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Intake manifold? Any other carb opinions? I've been thinking 4500 but wanted to ask around.

·
pig hunter
9,424 Posts
there better ford guy then me here. start a intake thread for this build and you well get your answer.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts