Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Needless to say these will be coming off..... Zero control of boost. Holley solenoids are doing their job as measured dome pressure is following target dome pressure very well. Although still a little bit of oscillation that I need to tune out. It's like they (wastegates) are sticking. The spring in each gate is a two lb spring. Spring only it hits 2lbs an releases. Apply some dome pressure and they stick -

Fortunately I had the car tuned for this much boost - stupid me, I should have adjusted down the boost cut further - I had it on the track settings still. At any rate, off with the cheap gates and on go the tial 44mm mvr's.

The gates are 38mm two bolt godspeed gates by the way. Yes flame away. Some of us just have to learn our lessons firsthand. :)

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Used them for 12 years now problem free and just last month my brand new pair of emusa 38's were sticking. I polished the valve stems and lubed the diaphragm and they're working good now but I have lost faith in them now after that.

·
Banned
16,548 Posts
Alot of them in 9 second cars and they are working fine.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I've had similar issues in the past.
A good polish of the valve stem will do the trick usually.
But that being said.....I run tiAl now and never touch it

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found two bolt 38mm to 44mm Tial MVR Vband adapters. Anyone run these? Think I might go for the adapters and the slightly larger tial gate.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Anyone happen to know if the emusa 38 v band is exactly the same as say a tial 38? I'd like to swap mine out for tials but I don't want to have to cut the flanges off my hotside.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I believe exactly the same. I guess if worse came worst and they were slightly off you could just machine down the one vband that was slightly larger.

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
How much do you really think you're saving by purchasing chinese crap?

·
Registered
11 Posts
With "certain" made in the USA brands you get more than a part that works-
You get a real warranty, tech support and service/parts well after the sale.
Even after designs change some still offer trade in / upgrade programs.

What will there be when every "manufacture" is just a bunch of container-unpackers and box-shippers>?

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
With "certain" made in the USA brands you get more than a part that works-
You get a real warranty, tech support and service/parts well after the sale.
Even after designs change some still offer trade in / upgrade programs.

What will there be when every "manufacture" is just a bunch of container-unpackers and box-shippers>?
I've only used jgs gates and have never had a problem. I'll be using on my next build as well!

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
If a JGS was a direct swap for my chinese crap, I'd buy one myself. I always hear good things about them. My problem is I'd have to redo my hotside and that's not happening mid season.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
If a JGS was a direct swap for my chinese crap, I'd buy one myself. I always hear good things about them. My problem is I'd have to redo my hotside and that's not happening mid season.
Do you have your gates dumping to atmosphere? If so, the turbosmart 38mm gates are good as well.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Do you have your gates dumping to atmosphere? If so, the turbosmart 38mm gates are good as well.
I wish, the only direct swap is the HKS and those things must be made of unobtanium.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So eBay WG and a holley ecu.... hmmm
Ha , I know it's ridiculous. I thought, how complicated can a wastegate be, on the surface it looked just like a turbo smart. Taking it apart you would be hard pressed to find a difference so I thought what the hell, let's run them. They suck in reality off they go.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I never had good luck with the 2 bolt style. My emusa gates seem to be holding up, although I did notice rust on the surface of the valve face that is towards the exhaust. Has me a touch worried.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts