Yellow Bullet Forums banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
It looks to me this spammer is targeting the NA section. I wouldnt be so sure the spammer(s) is Chinese either. Spam and forum bombing can look any way you want it to look. Probably ghosting their IP as well. Have a super nerd look into it and track it down.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
There should be a series of steps for the registration process. Or cut it off all together like the old days. Damnit man.

·
Registered
36,088 Posts
It looks to me this spammer is targeting the NA section. I wouldnt be so sure the spammer(s) is Chinese either.
I never thought it was. I moderated a forum once that wound up being attacked by similar nonsense (not in Chinese) - sometimes 100 threads in a matter of 15 minutes, every night - and as I suspected, it wound up being a tech-savvy forum member with a grudge. They never did figure out how to stop him; he finally just quit doing it.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
I never thought it was. I moderated a forum once that wound up being attacked by similar nonsense (not in Chinese) - sometimes 100 threads in a matter of 15 minutes, every night - and as I suspected, it wound up being a tech-savvy forum member with a grudge. They never did figure out how to stop him; he finally just quit doing it.
Funny thing though, now the spam is all over TOBT too. It wasnt before I mentioned the targeting.

Might be that I was wrong or there might be a certain asshole having a field day here.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts