Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
14,238 Posts
China ain't all bad, they made Obama leave by the belly door of the plane. Gotta give them kudos' for that.

·
Q(t)=ṁCpΔT
26,588 Posts
Britain gave up Hong Kong for the same reason Carter gave away the Panama Canal. Stupid politicians trying to leave their 'mark' on history.
Actually, the territory that was carved out, called Hong Kong, was a 100 year lease that was up in 1997. The then current chinese leadership chose not to renew it. They also made the typical crocodile promises of allowing their sovereignty.

Reactions: Vigilante

·
Registered
23,306 Posts
Britain gave up Hong Kong for the same reason Carter gave away the Panama Canal. Stupid politicians trying to leave their 'mark' on history.
Yes just as OBlameo gave up the Internet ;)

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
10% of NZ's population is already Chinese or Chinese ethnicity. And Chinese NZers hate the Commie Gov't over there.
The reason I suggested Taiwan side up with USA is because the USA is strong enough to stand up to the cunts. The USA already has military bases in Taiwan.
In fact Taiwan would contribute a substantial amount to the federal Tax system
The USA would gain a protectorate or another state [Like Hawaii after WW2] So wouldn't be an influx of mass immigration or Refugees.

But this could be the case with HongKong citizens being commonwealth citizens

NZ has always supported the USA [even in the Middle East, Korea, and Vietnam we sent soldiers there]
During Pacific Theatre we had US bases in NZ and we supplied them Food etc during the whole campaign.
My Grandfather was one of the major suppliers of Beef to the US Army during WW2 [Not to the NZ / British Army]

Kerry is an Irish name [so your attempt at trying to irritate me ,doesn't get under my skin]
Kerry, Kerry, Kerry. You just don’t get it.

It saddens me to learn that your little island actually has that many chinks calling it home these days but if you’re okay with it then far be it from me to take a shit on your smiling face over it. You’re no doubt happy with your growing raghead populace, as well.

Y’know, I’ve said many times that I look at many of the zipperheaded folks as honorary White men (except the dog eaters, of course) and I’ve put the wood to a fair number of their women but I also don’t want any more of them here in the States unless they're especially attractive young ladies and I’d prefer to see those who won’t assimilate get the fuck out immediately.

Regarding your comments about Taiwan and your position that my country should play an interventionist role on their behalf in their squabbles with their kinsmen, the chicoms, please fuck off. It reeks of “let’s you and him fight” and we get quite enough of that parasitic and tremendously expensive shit from the hebes and their shitty little country.

I’m further unaware of any U.S. military bases in Taiwan but I’ll stand by for you to correct the record if you can.

As to your positions that we should welcome adding them as a U.S. state, that we’d realize taxation benefits from doing so, and that their refugees wouldn’t hesitate to come here en masse, you’ve demonstrated what sort of clueless buffoon you are once again. If you feel that way then you should take up lobbying your own effete government to make them a state of NZ. We don’t need those fuckers any more than we need Puerto fuckin Rico or any other little rock piles loaded with non-Whites joining our team. Taiwan can always just devote their tax revenues to buying more of our weapons and fighting their own battles alongside the Japs and the South Koreans.

And my hat is off to your military members (except the poofters) and don’t mistake my sneering contempt for your views as disrespect for their service. I most definitely respect them and I further respect the alliance between our countries for as long as New Zealand remains largely White and Western.

Since you’d brought it up, the fact of the matter is that Korea, Vietnam, and the misadventures in the Middle East were grossly un-American boondoggles and both our countries paid terrible prices to participate in them. Just look at the hordes of crap-colored subhuman trash flooding out of the Middle East and into Europe for reference and note that the resurgence in transnational heroin trafficking and addiction rates are direct reflections of the whole sordid debacle.

It’s my honor to introduce you to Smedley D. Butler, Kerry: War Is A Racket, by Major General Smedley Butler, 1935

And you want to trot out your grandfather’s provision of beef to the U.S. in WW2 as evidence of anything other than that he was evidently a smart businessman who’d availed himself of an opportunity to make a living? Knock yourself out. I hope he made a bundle on it and that you’re still spending some of what he was able to make off of it.

Look, I really don’t want to be too harsh with you because I like the Kiwis a great deal yet your noggin is utterly filled with dung and I simply resent having a shit-for-brains foreigner try to make a case for dragging my country into wars that aren’t ours to fight.

Just sayin’, ma’am.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
No point in arguing with this sort of bigotry, racism and xenophobia. ^^^^^

Just before you re-write history to suit your own agenda, remember Hawaii had up to 43% Japanese population prior to WW2 [yet it became a protectorate and eventually a state]
And 5.67% of the USA population has Asian ethnicity as of 2016.
But where Asians are underrepresented is in the percentages of prison population

1590203245716.png

All I can say [for the benefit of others here] is the Taiwanese people would rather voluntarily join alliances with the USA than be invaded by China [people's free choice]
So while the US is out there trying to save these Islamic cunts [who don't want to be saved], they could slowly end up losing a very loyal and strategic Allie.

It isn't about Military "chest thumping" but preserving political democracies .

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
No point in arguing with this sort of bigotry, racism and xenophobia. ^^^^^

Just before you re-write history to suit your own agenda, remember Hawaii had up to 43% Japanese population prior to WW2 [yet it became a protectorate and eventually a state]
And 5.67% of the USA population has Asian ethnicity as of 2016.
But where Asians are underrepresented is in the percentages of prison population

View attachment 88001

All I can can [for the benefit of others here] is the Taiwanese people would rather voluntarily join alliances with the USA than be invaded by China [people's free choice]
So while the US is out there trying to save these Islamic cunts [who don't want to be saved], they could slowly end up losing a very loyal and strategic Allie.

It isn't about Military "chest thumping" but preserving political democracies .
C’mon, Kerry, why’d you miss the chance to call me an ableist, heteropatriarchal, homophobic, misogynistic, and sexist anti-semite™? I’ll own all of your labels to varying degrees without any shame whatsoever. It’s really okay to be White.

For the record, none of the slanty-eyed folks I know would support throwing their young family members into a meat grinder nor their hard-earned American dollars at a war for Taiwan either.

And the feculent idea of yours that U.S. taxpayers and military members have any duty whatsoever to continue “preserving political democracies” is in large part why many of us supported Trump in the first place. “Preserving political democracies” = continuing to act as the world’s policeman and we’re done with that shit.

Moreover, the graphic you’d posted which clearly illustrates White genocide is underway is as good a reason as any to embrace White nationalism for any rational White man and if you can’t see it, you deserve mulatto grandchildren.

·
Registered
22,837 Posts
C’mon, Kerry, why’d you miss the chance to call me an ableist, heteropatriarchal, homophobic, misogynistic, and sexist anti-semite™? I’ll own all of your labels to varying degrees without any shame whatsoever. It’s really okay to be White.

For the record, none of the slanty-eyed folks I know would support throwing their young family members into a meat grinder nor their hard-earned American dollars at a war for Taiwan either.

And the feculent idea of yours that U.S. taxpayers and military members have any duty whatsoever to continue “preserving political democracies” is in large part why many of us supported Trump in the first place. “Preserving political democracies” = continuing to act as the world’s policeman and we’re done with that shit.

Moreover, the graphic you’d posted which clearly illustrates White genocide is underway is as good a reason as any to embrace White nationalism for any rational White man and if you can’t see it, you deserve mulatto grandchildren.
don't flatter yourself, you are just an everyday boring fucking bigot...…….nothing special about you.

·
Registered
16,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I'm not a Jew, but do get tired of leftist scum using this incident to their advantage.....Here is what officially happened after more than a dozen investigations, both by U.S. and Israel!!!

The Israeli attack on the USS Liberty was a grievous error, largely attributable to the fact that it occurred in the midst of the confusion of a full-scale war in 1967. Ten official United States investigations and three official Israeli inquiries have all conclusively established the attack was a tragic mistake.

On June 8, 1967, the fourth day of the Six-Day War, the Israeli high command received reports that Israeli troops in El Arish were being fired upon from the sea, presumably by an Egyptian vessel, as they had a day before. The United States had announced that it had no naval forces within hundreds of miles of the battle front on the floor of the United Nations a few days earlier; however, the USS Liberty, an American intelligence ship under the dual control of the Defense Intelligence Agency/Central Intelligence Agency and the Sixth Fleet, was assigned to monitor the fighting. As a result of a series of United States communication failures, whereby messages directing the ship not to approach within 100 miles were not received by the Liberty, the ship sailed to within 14 miles off the Sinai coast. The Israelis mistakenly thought this was the ship shelling its soldiers and war planes and torpedo boats attacked, killing 34 members of the Liberty's crew and wounding 171. Ships from the Sixth Fleet were directed to launch four attack aircraft with fighter cover to defend the Liberty, but the planes were recalled after a message was received at the White House that the Israelis had admitted they had attacked the ship.

Numerous mistakes were made by both the United States and Israel. For example, the Liberty was first reported — incorrectly, as it turned out — to be cruising at 30 knots (it was later recalculated to be 28 knots). Under Israeli (and U.S.) naval doctrine at the time, a ship proceeding at that speed was presumed to be a warship. The sea was calm and the U.S. Navy Court of Inquiry found that the Liberty's flag was very likely drooped and not discernible; moreover, members of the crew, including the Captain, Commander William McGonagle, testified that the flag was knocked down after the first or second assault.

According to Israeli Chief of Staff Yitzhak Rabin's memoirs, there were standing orders to attack any unidentified vessel near the shore.1 The day fighting began, Israel had asked that American ships be removed from its coast or that it be notified of the precise location of U.S. vessels.2 The Sixth Fleet was moved because President Johnson feared being drawn into a confrontation with the Soviet Union. He also ordered that no aircraft be sent near Sinai.

A CIA report on the incident issued June 13, 1967, also found that an overzealous pilot could mistake the Liberty for an Egyptian ship, the El Quseir. After the air raid, Israeli torpedo boats identified the Liberty as an Egyptian naval vessel. When the Liberty began shooting at the Israelis, they responded with the torpedo attack, which killed 28 of the sailors. In 1981, the National Security Agency noted that accounts by members of the Liberty crew and others did not have access to the relevant signal intelligence reports or the confidential explanation provided by Israel to the United States, which were used in the CIA investigation. The NSA concluded: “While these [signal intelligence of Israeli communications] reports revealed some confusion on the part of the pilots concerning the nationality of the ship, they tended to rule out any thesis that the Israeli Navy and Air Force deliberately attacked a ship they knew to be American.”2a

The Joint Chiefs of Staff investigated the communications failure and noted that the Chief of Naval Operations expressed concern about the prudence of sending the Liberty so close to the area of hostilities and four messages were subsequently sent instructing the ship to move farther away from the area of hostilities. The JCS report said the messages were never received because of “a combination of (1) human error, (2) high volume of communications traffic, and (3) lack of appreciation of sense of urgency regarding the movement of the Liberty.” The report also included a copy of a flash cable sent immediately after the attack, which reported that Israel had “erroneously” attacked the Liberty, that IDF helicopters were in rescue operations, and that Israel had sent “abject apologies” and requested information on any other U.S. ships near the war zone.

Initially, the Israelis were terrified that they had attacked a Soviet ship and might have provoked the Soviets to join the fighting.3 Once the Israelis were sure what had happened, they reported the incident to the U.S. Embassy in Tel Aviv and offered to provide a helicopter for the Americans to fly out to the ship and any help they required to evacuate the injured and salvage the ship. The offer was accepted and a U.S. naval attaché was flown to the Liberty.

The Israelis were “obviously shocked” by the error they made in attacking the ship, according to the U.S. Ambassador in Tel Aviv. In fact, according to a secret report on the 1967 war, the immediate concern was that the Arabs might see the proximity of the Liberty to the conflict as evidence of U.S.-Israel collusion.3a A second secret report concluded, “While the attack showed a degree of impetuosity and recklessness, it was also clear that the presence of a U.S. naval vessel, unannounced, that close to belligerent shores at a time when we had made much of the fact that no U.S. military forces were moving near the area of hostilities was inviting disaster.”3b

Many of the survivors of the Liberty remain bitter, and are convinced the attack was deliberate as they make clear on their web site. In 1991, columnists Rowland Evans and Robert Novak trumpeted their discovery of an American who said he had been in the Israeli war room when the decision was made to knowingly attack the American ship.4 In fact, that individual, Seth Mintz, wrote a letter to the Washington Post on November 9, 1991, in which he said he was misquoted by Evans and Novak and that the attack, was, in fact, a “case of mistaken identity.” Moreover, the man who Mintz originally said had been with him, a Gen. Benni Matti, does not exist.

Also, contrary to claims that an Israeli pilot identified the ship as American on a radio tape, no one has ever produced this tape. In fact, the official Israeli Air Force tape clearly established that no such identification of the ship was made by the Israeli pilots prior to the attack. Tapes of the radio transmissions made prior, during and after the attack do not contain any statement suggesting the pilots saw a U.S. flag before the attack. During the attack, a pilot specifically says, “there is no flag on her!” The recordings also indicate that once the pilots became concerned about the identity of the ship, by virtue of reading its hull number, they terminated the attack and they were given an order to leave the area. A transcript of the radio transmissions indicates the entire incident, beginning with the spotting of a mysterious vessel off El Arish and ending with the chief air controller at general headquarters in Tel Aviv telling another controller the ship was “apparently American” took 24 minutes.5 Critics claimed the Israeli tape was doctored, but the National Security Agency of the United States released formerly top secret transcripts in July 2003 that confirmed the Israeli version.

A U.S. spy plane was sent to the area as soon as the NSA learned of the attack on the Liberty and recorded the conversations of two Israeli Air Force helicopter pilots, which took place between 2:30 and 3:37 p.m. on June 8. The orders radioed to the pilots by their supervisor at the Hatzor base instructing them to search for Egyptian survivors from the “Egyptian warship” that had just been bombed were also recorded by the NSA. “Pay attention. The ship is now identified as Egyptian,” the pilots were informed. Nine minutes later, Hatzor told the pilots the ship was believed to be an Egyptian cargo ship. At 3:07, the pilots were first told the ship might not be Egyptian and were instructed to search for survivors and inform the base immediately the nationality of the first person they rescued. It was not until 3:12 that one of the pilots reported that he saw an American flag flying over the ship at which point he was instructed to verify if it was indeed a U.S. vessel.6

In October 2003, the first Israeli pilot to reach the ship broke his 36-year silence on the attack. Brig.-Gen. Yiftah Spector, a triple ace, who shot down 15 enemy aircraft and took part in the 1981 raid on the Iraqi nuclear reactor, said he had been told an Egyptian ship was off the Gaza coast. “This ship positively did not have any symbol or flag that I could see. What I was concerned with was that it was not one of ours. I looked for the symbol of our navy, which was a large white cross on its deck. This was not there, so it wasn't one of ours.” The Jerusalem Post obtained a recording of Spector's radio transmission in which he said, “I can't identify it, but in any case it's a military ship.”7

Spector's plane was not armed with bombs or, he said, he would have sunk the Liberty. Instead he fired 30mm armor piercing rounds that led the American survivors to believe they had been under rocket attack. His first pass ignited a fire, which caused the ship to billow black smoke that Spector thought was a ruse to conceal the ship. Spector acknowledged in the Post interview that he made a mistake, and said he admitted it when called to testify in an inquiry by a U.S. senator. “I'm sorry for the mistake,” he said. “Years later my mates dropped flowers on the site where the ship was attacked.”

None of Israel's accusers can explain why Israel would deliberately attack an American ship at a time when the United States was Israel's only friend and supporter in the world. Confusion in a long line of communications, which occurred in a tense atmosphere on both the American and Israeli sides (five messages from the Joint Chiefs of Staff for the ship to remain at least 25 miles — the last four said 100 miles — off the Egyptian coast arrived after the attack was over) is a more probable explanation.

Accidents caused by “friendly fire” are common in wartime. In 1988, the U.S. Navy mistakenly downed an Iranian passenger plane, killing 290 civilians. During the Gulf War, 35 of the 148 Americans who died in battle were killed by “friendly fire.” In April 1994, two U.S. Black Hawk helicopters with large U.S. flags painted on each side were shot down by U.S. Air Force F-15s on a clear day in the “no fly” zone of Iraq, killing 26 people. In April 2002, an American F-16 dropped a bomb that killed four Canadian soldiers in Afghanistan. In fact, the day before the Liberty was attacked, Israeli pilots accidentally bombed one of their own armored columns.8

Retired Admiral, Shlomo Erell, who was Chief of the Navy in Israel in June 1967, told the Associated Press (June 5, 1977): “No one would ever have dreamt that an American ship would be there. Even the United States didn't know where its ship was. We were advised by the proper authorities that there was no American ship within 100 miles.”

Secretary of Defense Robert McNamara told Congress on July 26, 1967: “It was the conclusion of the investigatory body, headed by an admiral of the Navy in whom we have great confidence, that the attack was not intentional.”

In 1987, McNamara repeated his belief that the attack was a mistake, telling a caller on the “Larry King Show” that he had seen nothing in the 20 years since to change his mind that there had been no “coverup.”9

In January 2004, the State Department held a conference on the Liberty incident and also released new documents, including CIA memos dated June 13 and June 21, 1967, that say that Israel did not know it was striking an American vessel. The historian for the National Security Agency, David Hatch, said the available evidence “strongly suggested” Israel did not know it was attacking a U.S. ship. Two former U.S. officials, Ernest Castle, the United States Naval Attache at the U.S. Embassy in Tel Aviv in June 1967, who received the first report of the attack from Israel, and John Hadden, then CIA Chief of Station in Tel Aviv, also agreed with the assessment that the attack on the Liberty was a mistake.10

The new documents do not shed any light on the mystery of what the ship was doing in the area or why Israel was not informed about its presence. The evidence suggests the ship was not spying on Israel.

Israel apologized for the tragedy immediately and offered on June 9 to compensate the victims. Israel ultimately paid nearly $13 million in humanitarian reparations to the United States and to the families of the victims in amounts established by the U.S. State Department. The matter was officially closed between the two governments by an exchange of diplomatic notes on December 17, 1987.

·
Registered
22,837 Posts
So why'd you twats attack the USS Liberty anyway, rabbi?

You should ask the CIA that question, I am sure they will respond to such an important person such as yourself...……..I am not even jewish, My family tree is 100% Scotland, so you can stick that presumption right up your BIGOTED ASS , as well!

·
Registered
24,274 Posts
You know, the Liberty was under the command of the same idiots commanding troops in Viet Nam.

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
I'm not a Jew, but do get tired of leftist scum using this incident to their advantage.....Here is what officially happened after more than a dozen investigations, both by U.S. and Israel!!!

- Nasty fat slab of dishonest un-American trash copied and pasted from jewishvirtuallibrary.org without citation of the source
So you’re not a hebe but you’ve seen fit to befoul the memories of those murdered and the survivors of a treacherous attack on American Sailors by a parasitic little stain on the planet and you’re actually going to try to stake out the position that umbrage at the incident itself and the subsequent cover up by the LBJ administration is somehow or another a leftist position? Get a grip, son, that’s exactly what a brainwashed leftist scumbag or a hebe propagandist would do.

Here’s some more copy and paste for you from ussliberty.org:
  • "To suggest that they [the IDF] couldn't identify the ship is ... ridiculous. ... Anybody who could not identify the Liberty could not tell the difference between the White House and the Washington Monument."
    -- Admiral Thomas Moorer, Chief of Naval Operations and later Chairman, Joint Chiefs of Staff, quoted in The Washington Post, June 15, 1991, p. 14
  • "To me, the picture thus far presents the distinct possibility that the Israelis knew that Liberty might be their target and attacked anyway."
    -- Admiral Rufus Taylor, Deputy CIA director, as quoted by CIA director Admiral Rufus Taylor in A Look Over My Shoulder.
  • "Inconceivable that it was an accident � 3 strafing passes, 3 torpedo boats. Set forth facts. Punish Israelis responsible"
    -- Clark Clifford, Secretary of Defense under Lyndon Johnson, in Minutes of NSC Special Committee Meeting, 9 June 1967
  • "A nice whitewash for a group of ignorant, stupid and inept [expletive deleted]."
    -- Handwritten note of August 26, 1967, by NSA Deputy Director Louis W. Tordella reacting to the Israeli court decision exonerating Israelis of blame for the Liberty attack. Dr. Tordella expressed the view that the attack was deliberate and that the Israeli government attempted to cover it up to authors James Ennes and James Bamford and to Congressman George Mahon (D-Texas), and in an internal memorandum for the record. He noted "a nice whitewash for a group of ignorant, stupid and inept (redacted)" in the margin of the official Israeli excuse for the attack as noted in the NSA Gerhard report 1982)
  • "....did not buy the Israeli 'mistake' explanations either. Nobody believes that explanation." When informed by author Bamford of gruesome war crime (killing of large numbers of POWs) at nearby El Arish, Morrison saw the connection. "That would be enough," he said. "They wouldn't want us in on that. You've got the motive. What a hell of a thing to do."
    -- Major General John Morrison, US Air Force, Deputy Chief NSA Operations during the attack and later Chief of NSA Operations as reported in Body of Secrets by James Bamford, p233.
  • "I can tell you for an absolute certainty (from intercepted communications) that they knew they were attacking an American ship."
    -- Oliver Kirby, former deputy director for operations/production, National Security Agency. Kirby participated in NSA's investigation of the attack and reviewed translations of intercepted communications between pilots and their headquarters which he reports show conclusively that they knew their target was an American ship. Kirby is considered the "Godfather" of the USS Liberty and USS Pueblo intercept programs. (Telephone interviews with James Ennes and David Walsh for Friendless Fire, Proceedings, June 2003)
  • On the strength of intercept transcripts of pilots' conversations during the attack, the question of the attack's deliberateness "just wasn't a disputed issue" within the agency.
    -- Lieutenant General William E. Odom, former director, National Security Agency, interview with David Walsh on March 3, 2003, reported in Naval Institute Proceedings, June, 2003
  • Inman said he "flatly rejected" the Cristol thesis that the attack was an accident. "It is just exceedingly difficult to believe that [USS Liberty] was not correctly identified" based on his talks with NSA seniors at the time having direct knowledge of intercepted communications. No NSA official could be found who dissented from the "deliberate" conclusion.
    -- Admiral Bobby Ray Inman, USN, Director National Security Agency 1977-1981, reported in Proceedings, June, 2003
  • "I found it hard to believe that it was, in fact, an honest mistake on the part of the Israeli air force units. I still find it impossible to believe that it was."
    -- Paul C. Warnke, Undersecretary of the Navy and later general legal counsel to the Department of Defense.
  • "In many years, I have wanted to believe that the attack on the Liberty was pure error. It appears to me that it was not a pure case of mistaken identity. . . . I think it is about time that the State of Israel and the United States government provide the crew members of the Liberty, and the rest of the American people, the facts of what happened and why it came about that the Liberty was attacked 30 years ago today." Later, McGonagle remarked, "USS Liberty is the only US Navy ship attacked by a foreign nation, involving large loss of life...that has never been accorded a full Congressional hearing."
    -- Captain William L. McGonagle, Commanding Officer, USS Liberty, speaking at Arlington National Cemetery June 8, 1997.
  • Walter Deeley, NSA department head, conducted still-classified investigation of the attack and remarked later in telephone interview that he regards the attack as deliberate.
    -- NSA Department Head Walter Deeley
  • Never before in the history of the United States Navy has a Navy Board of Inquiry ignored the testimony of American military eyewitnesses and taken, on faith, the word of their attackers.
    -- Captain Richard F. Kiepfer, Medical Corps, US Navy (retired), USS Liberty Survivor
  • "No one in the White House believed that the attack was an accident."
    -- George Christian, Press Secretary to President Lyndon Johnson in letter to James Ennes, 1978.
  • "This book [Assault on the Liberty] gives convincing evidence that the attack was deliberate and that the facts, including the Navy's bungling before and during the attack, were covered up."
    -- United States Senator Adlai E. Stevenson III as reported in Congressional Record -- Senate S13136 September 23, 1980. Senator Stevenson later announced his interest in holding Congressional hearings on the attack. He pointed out that the survivors have been consistent in their accounts of what happened and that the attack was, in his word, "premeditated." Also reported by William J. Small, United Press International, September 28, 1980.
  • "From what I have read, I can't tolerate for one minute that this was an accident! ... What have we done about the Liberty? Have we become so placid, so far as Israel is concerned or so far as that area is concerned, that we will take the killing of 37 (sic) American boys and the wounding of a lot more and the attack on an American ship in the open sea in good weather? We have seemed to say: 'Oh, well, boys will be boys.' What are you going to do about it? It is most offensive to me!
    -- Senator Bourke Hickenlooper; From transcript of July 1967 Senate Foreign Relations Hearing on Foreign Assistance Act of 1967.
  • "I have read the Navy investigation of the Liberty, and the evidence adduced there, and I have read the Israeli court of inquiry records, and based upon their own records of the investigation, I cannot agree that it was accidental."
    -- Senator Bourke Hickenlooper; From transcript of May, 1968, Senate Foreign Relations Hearing on Foreign Assistance Act of 1968, page 444.
  • "American leaders did not have the courage to punish Israel for the blatant murder of its citizens. . . . The Liberty's presence and function were well known to Israel's leaders. ...Israel's leaders concluded that nothing they might do would offend the Americans to the point of reprisal. If American leaders did not have the courage to punish Israel for the blatant murder of American citizens, it seemed clear that their American friends would let them get away with almost anything.
    -- George Ball, under secretary of state at the time writing in The Passionate Attachment: America's Involvement with Israel, pages 57-58.
  • "I don't think that there's any doubt that it was deliberate.... [It is] one of the great cover-ups of our military history."
    -- David G. Nes, the deputy head of the American mission in Cairo at the time
  • "FBI officials counter that 'friendly' spying can be as damaging as spying for enemies, they note, as in 1967 when Israeli jets deliberately attacked the electronic intelligence-gathering ship USS Liberty...."
    -- FBI Officials reported in Washington Times, November 26, 1998
  • "How much better if Congress would....call to account those who were involved in spreading lies about the tragedy."
    -- James Akins, former US Ambassador to Saudi Arabia James Akins in Special Report, The Israeli Attack on the USS Liberty, June 8, 1967, The Washington Report on Middle East Affairs, December, 1999
  • "The attack was deliberate and not an accident."
    -- Victor Ostrovsky, author and former Mossad officer, in telephone conversations with former Congressman Pete McCloskey October 10, 1991, and with and several conversations with James Ennes.
  • "It's an American ship!" the pilot of an Israeli Mirage fighter-bomber radioed Tel Aviv as he sighted the USS Liberty on June 8, 1967. Israeli headquarters ordered the pilot to attack the American ship.
    -- former US Ambassador to Lebanon Dwight Porter describing transcripts of communications he saw, reported in syndicated column "Remembering the Liberty" by Rowland Evans and Robert Novak, November 6, 1991.
  • "The historical event which took place in June 1967 can hardly be called enigmatic and mysterious. ...It is difficult to understand that the Israelis could not identity the USS Liberty, since the ship had a unique antenna and equipment and especially since the Israelis had identified the ship with long term observation."
    -- Translated from a taped interview with Sergeev Oleg Korneevitch, retired Colonel, Soviet GRU.
  • "The government of Israel intentionally attacked the ship. ...The attack was not legally justified. ...(there were) two further violations of international law...the use of unmarked military aircraft (and)...the wanton destruction of life rafts."
    -- Walter L. Jacobsen, Lieutenant Commander, US Navy, in Naval Law Review, Vol 36, Winter 1986
  • "The attack was not an accident."
    -- Stephen Green, author. Antelope Valley Press, April 5, 1984
  • "Certain facts are clear. The attack was no accident. The Liberty was assaulted in broad daylight by Israeli forces who knew the ship's identity. ...The public, however, was kept in the dark. Even before the American public learned of the attack, U.S. government officials began to promote an account satisfactory to Israel. The American Israel Public Affairs Committee worked through Congressmen to keep the story under control. The President of the United States, Lyndon B. Johnson, ordered and led a cover-up so thorough that years after he left office the episode is still largely unknown...."
    -- Paul Findley, author and former Member of Congress 1961-1983 in They Dare to Speak Out, by Paul Findley, 1985, page 166
  • "Is the Liberty episode being erased from history. So it would seem...What has happened to our prying journalistic corps and our editors, normally so indignant of attempted suppression of the news?...We believe that a joint select committee of Congress should investigate the strange case of the USS Liberty..."
    -- William F. Buckley, journalist and publisher, National Review, June 27, 1967
  • (In a review of "Six Days of War" by Michael Oren.) "Oren...frequently descends to vulgar propaganda. Deeming the Israeli combined air and naval assault on the USS Liberty ...an accident,' Oren rehashes official Israeli tales and embellishes them with his own whoppers."
    -- Norman Finkelstein, PhD, author, professor of political science, DePaul University, writing in Journal of Palestine Studies, Spring, 2003, p85
  • "The attack on the USS Liberty was planned and there is and was a cover-up." "If the very valuable lessons of the Liberty were known, the capture of the USS Pueblo could not have happened."
    -- Lloyd M. "Pete" Bucher, US Navy, Commanding Officer USS Pueblo when captured by North Korea in January 1968, in telephone conversations with James Ennes and on September 6, 2002, with Richard Schmucker.
  • "Nearly everyone who is not affiliated with Israel...and who has seriously looked into the attack believes that it was deliberate. ...The bare facts of the attack rule out any other conclusion."
    -- Donald Neff, author, Washington Report on Middle East Affairs, August, 2002, p29
  • Ralph Hoppe, Colonel, US Army, retired, reports that dozens of intelligence reports soon after the attack described the attack as deliberate including a "consensus report" which summarized the collective view of the US intelligence community. Soon orders came from Washington to collect and destroy all such reports. Nothing more in official channels described the attack as deliberate.
    -- Aerotech News and Review, March 2, 2001, by John Borne, PhD, and conversations with James Ennes
  • "It is clear that the Israelis knew that they were attacking a vessel of the US Navy, especially as it was flying a large Stars and Stripes at the time. The fact that they spent six hours reconnoitering and executing the attack, which included machine-gunning the lifeboats, attests to the deadly intent of the operation.
    -- Andrew and Leslie Cockburn, Dangerous Liaison, the Inside Story of the US-Israeli Covert Relationship, by Andrew and Leslie Cockburn, p152.
  • "A. Jay Cristol's virtual minority of one assessment is not supported by the detailed non-technical common sense evidence to the contrary in Body of Secrets (by James Bamford). "There is nothing surprising in Bamford's conclusion that the attack was deliberate. Liberty survivors have made that case convincingly for years."
    -- Professor Hayden Peake, author, former CIA officer and member, Association of Former Intelligence Officers, The Intelligencer, Vol. 12, No.1, Summer 2001
  • Book reviews transcripts of communications during the attack which establish that the attack was deliberate.
    -- Israel's Wars, 1947-1993, by Ahron Bregman
  • Survivors of the attack are unanimous in their conviction that the attack was deliberate. Among other things, their belief is based upon the intense pre-attack reconnaissance, the fact that the firing continued from close range long after the attackers examined the ship and its markings from a few feet away, and because the Israeli version of events as reported to the United States is grossly untrue.
    -- USS Liberty survivors
  • Rejects the US Navy Court of Inquiry as inadequate, declares that the attack was apparently deliberate, and calls upon the United States to conduct a complete and thorough investigation.
    -- Resolution #508 of the American Legion at its 49th annual national convention in August, 1967
  • "The [Navy Court of Inquiry] leaves a good many questions unanswered."
    -- The New York Times, July 1, 1967
  • "The naval inquiry is not good enough."
    -- The Washington Post, June 30, 1967
  • "They must have known...that Liberty was an American ship."
    -- The Washington Star, June 30, 1967
  • "The action was planned in advance"
    -- Drew Pearson and Jack Anderson in The Washington Post, June 30, 1967
  • "Only the blind or the trigger happy could have made such a mistake"
    -- The National Observer
  • "The attack was deliberate. Those responsible should be court-martialed on charges of murder."
    -- California Congressman Craig Hosmer in the Congressional Record--House, June 29, 1967, p. 17893
  • "How can this be treated so lightly? What complaint have we registered?
    -- Mississippi Congressman Thomas G. Abernethy in the Congressional Record--House, June 29m, 1967, pp. 17894-5
  • "Certain facts are clear. The attack was no accident. The Liberty was assaulted in broad daylight by Israeli forces who knew the ship's identity. ...The President of the United States led a cover-up so thorough that years after he left office, the episode was still largely unknown to the public -- and the men who suffered and died have gone largely unhonored."
    -- Paul Findley, They Dare to Speak Out, Lawrence Hill & Co., 1985, p166
  • "Nearly as bizarre as the attack itself was the reaction of the American government to the incident. A foreign nation had butchered American servicemen, sending thirty-four to their graves... A virtually unarmed American naval ship in international waters was shot at, strafed with rockets, torpedoed, set on fire...then left to sink as crazed gunners shot up the life rafts. The foreign nation then says, sorry about that, and offers an explanation so outrageous that it is insulting, and the American government accepts it, sweeps the whole affair under a rug, then classifies as top secret nearly all details concerning it."
    -- James Bamford, author, "The Puzzle Palace"

·
Registered
16,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I can't blame the men that were injured, but after 13 investigations and 20 years with retribution from Israrl. Our only ally in the middle east. I am satisfied with the findings....but you can keep up your jew hatred.....are you as upset with muslims for 911?....Didn't think so.....

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
I can't blame the men that were injured, but after 13 investigations and 20 years with retribution from Israrl. Our only ally in the middle east. I am satisfied with the findings....but you can keep up your jew hatred.....are you as upset with muslims for 911?....Didn't think so.....
Of course I despise the muslims for countless reasons, inclusive of their role in the events of 9/11, son. Why the fuck wouldn't I?

And why wouldn't I want to nuke the entire Middle East once it finally sunk in that Israel had a hand in it as well?

So are you okay with nuking the entire Middle East too or do you want to try to trot out some more bullshit excuses for "Our only ally in the middle east" and try to tell us why U.S. taxpayers should continue to pay for their way in life?

·
Registered
16,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Of course I despise the muslims for countless reasons, inclusive of their role in the events of 9/11, son. Why the fuck wouldn't I?

And why wouldn't I want to nuke the entire Middle East once it finally sunk in that Israel had a hand in it as well?

So are you okay with nuking the entire Middle East too or do you want to try to trot out some more bullshit excuses for "Our only ally in the middle east" and try to tell us why U.S. taxpayers should continue to pay for their way in life?
ANYONE THAT HATES MUSLIMD SCUM IS OUR FRIEND, EVEN AFTER AN ACCIDENT!

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
FYI, there are no American military bases in Taiwan. We do exercises with them, and utilize some of their resources, but we do not have bases. One of the exercises is a major one, and involves the Tai army, US Navy, Marines, and others. It's called Cobra Gold. Used to be an annual exercise. Not sure they still do it though. I just missed out on one before I left 3rd Marines in Hawaii...that was back in 91-92

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Kerry, Kerry, Kerry. You just don’t get it.

It saddens me to learn that your little island actually has that many chinks calling it home these days but if you’re okay with it then far be it from me to take a shit on your smiling face over it. You’re no doubt happy with your growing raghead populace, as well.

Y’know, I’ve said many times that I look at many of the zipperheaded folks as honorary White men (except the dog eaters, of course) and I’ve put the wood to a fair number of their women but I also don’t want any more of them here in the States unless they're especially attractive young ladies and I’d prefer to see those who won’t assimilate get the fuck out immediately.

Regarding your comments about Taiwan and your position that my country should play an interventionist role on their behalf in their squabbles with their kinsmen, the chicoms, please fuck off. It reeks of “let’s you and him fight” and we get quite enough of that parasitic and tremendously expensive shit from the hebes and their shitty little country.

I’m further unaware of any U.S. military bases in Taiwan but I’ll stand by for you to correct the record if you can.

As to your positions that we should welcome adding them as a U.S. state, that we’d realize taxation benefits from doing so, and that their refugees wouldn’t hesitate to come here en masse, you’ve demonstrated what sort of clueless buffoon you are once again. If you feel that way then you should take up lobbying your own effete government to make them a state of NZ. We don’t need those fuckers any more than we need Puerto fuckin Rico or any other little rock piles loaded with non-Whites joining our team. Taiwan can always just devote their tax revenues to buying more of our weapons and fighting their own battles alongside the Japs and the South Koreans.
I will tell you this after spending fourteen years of my life in SE Asia, much of it working for foreign governments, you haven't got a mother fucking clue what you're talking about.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts