Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
WTF?
12,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's cooled off with some fall temps here, so I decided to make some chili, with my own chili powder.

Chile's from my garden I dried. New Mexico, Pablano, and Jalapeno.

Blender, sift, container, etc.

Ground and sifted.

Smoked Pablano's.

90/10 Ground beef, 1pt canned tomatoes from the garden, 1 small onion from the garden, one diced jalapeno from the garden. Tomato paste, 2 big garlic cloves, salt, water, cumin, pinch of Mexican oregano....I'm full as a tick.:)

·
Bovine Scatologist
17,834 Posts
where's the cantaloupe?

Looks good. I think I am going to try more peppers and chili's next year. I like the idea of smoking and drying them.

·
WTF?
12,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
where's the cantaloupe?

Looks good. I think I am going to try more peppers and chili's next year. I like the idea of smoking and drying them.
Watermelon in the fridge.....

The smoked pablanos smell really good. I need something I could use them in. A friend does chicken wings and uses smoked paprika in the flour, I might have to try that with this stuff, or send some to you and let you make some sausage with it.;)

The dried Chile's have a sweeter aroma than I would have thought. Almost fruity.

·
Bovine Scatologist
17,834 Posts

The smoked pablanos smell really good. I need something I could use them in. A friend does chicken wings and uses smoked paprika in the flour, I might have to try that with this stuff, or send some to you and let you make some sausage with it.;)

The dried Chile's have a sweeter aroma than I would have thought. Almost fruity.
I just picked about 2.5 gallons of habaneros. Should I smoke those or just dry them and grind them up?

·
102,312 Posts

I knew it was a disguise LOL :-D Man that looks great. Might want to try some shredded cheese that will put it over the top.

·
WTF?
12,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just picked about 2.5 gallons of habaneros. Should I smoke those or just dry them and grind them up?
Half and half?

·
WTF?
12,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I knew it was a disguise LOL :-D Man that looks great. Might want to try some shredded cheese that will put it over the top.
LOL. I guess I was too hungry and forgot the cheese. The cornbread did have some cheese in it though.

·
Bovine Scatologist
17,834 Posts
brother from another mother?

LOL!

·
Former RJ instigator
42,488 Posts
Looks damn good!

The only thing missing were some pinto beans and a pile of melted cheddar cheese on top!

·
Just Sayin Crew V.P.
37,825 Posts
looks good. I was just thinking about making that myself the other day.

·
Sizeable Member
7,742 Posts
What kind of beans did you use?

·
WTF?
12,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
WTF?
12,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Bovine Scatologist
17,834 Posts
WTF do y'all have against beans in Texas?

I know it's just personal choice for the most part but is there some state law that disallows beans in chili....lol

never mind, just :p ya!
Why YES, Yes there is.

"Chili" is "Chili". "Chili" with beans is "chili... with beans".

Why is that so hard to figure out?

·
WTF?
12,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I make it with beans at times, but I don't take any pictures of it.:p

·
Former RJ instigator
42,488 Posts
Why YES, Yes there is.

"Chili" is "Chili". "Chili" with beans is "chili... with beans".

Why is that so hard to figure out?
BUT chili with beans is still chili right? :p
Dude, I'm just trying to rile y'alls Texas asses up! :)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts