Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I are spending the winter in The Rio Grande Valley and I am digging the food choices.I was in a mexi meat market the other day,here are packages of skinned chicken feet.I'm not sure what to do with them ,the lady at the meat counter and I had a language problem so she was no help.
Anyone ever cook them ,I would prefer to do it on the grill outside ,it's still hot as hell here.
Maybe i'll work up to the goat heads someday.

·
Medium Pimpin!
8,852 Posts
My wife and I are spending the winter in The Rio Grande Valley and I am digging the food choices.I was in a mexi meat market the other day,here are packages of skinned chicken feet.I'm not sure what to do with them ,the lady at the meat counter and I had a language problem so she was no help.
Anyone ever cook them ,I would prefer to do it on the grill outside ,it's still hot as hell here.
Maybe i'll work up to the goat heads someday.
Ive heard of soup made from chicken feet but never had it.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I used to work maintenance electrical in a poultry processing plant,they made 30 grand a day on feet,called em paws, crazy shit

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I've been over to Taiwan several times on business and every food stand has a big pile of chicken feet on display. I never saw anyone buy them so I don't know what you do with them. Food stands in Taiwan are like taco stands in Mexico, every other shop on the street is a food stand.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Saw something on the net maybe it could help..

• 32 chicken feet (about 2 lbs.)
  • 1/2 cup sake
  • 1/3 cup water
  • 6 large thin slices fresh ginger
  • 1/3 cup soy sauce
  • 1/4 cup Chinese yellow rock sugar (or 1/4 cup granulated sugar)
  • 2 dried hot chiles, crushed
  • 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
  • 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
  • 2 star anise buds
  • 1 cinnamon stick
  • 1 cup scallion cut in 1-inch pieces
  • 2 tablespoons minced scallion and 1t toasted sesame seeds for garnish
Preparation:

Rub chicken feet with kosher salt and let stand for 10 minutes, rinse in cold water. Place feet into a pot of rapidly boiling salted water, blanch for 5 minutes and drain well. Chicken feet can be set aside and refrigerated for a day until you need to cook further.
Place a 14-inch saute pan over high heat. Add the chicken and dry-sear to lightly brown. Add the remaining ingredients (except the garnish) and bring to a simmer. Cook, covered, for about 10 minutes. Uncover, and simmer until pan is almost “dry,” tossing frequently to coat the feet as the sauce reduces.
Serve, garnishing with scallion shavings and toasted sesame seeds.

This is from a bizarre food site, I was thinking to cook something like this but I can't find chicken feet..

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks ,i'll try that. I used to live close to a chicken plant but never saw them for sale until I came down south.I doubt they'll be the greatest thing I ever cooked but it's worth a try.

·
Push Me Shove You
5,886 Posts
I work with a guy from Jamaica he eats them sometimes....Nasty shit smells like wet dog.....

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
In the philippines they grill em on an outside grill.
they are all grissle and no meat at all.
I used to feed my hookers them and they loved them!

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
I dont know jack shit about bird feet, but I will say to carry a gun with you in when your out and about down there!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts