Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
51,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a "Service Airbags" warning pop up and the red teltale light come on. Is that a trip to the dealer?. I've never had a vehicle with an airbag warning before.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
any shop with a factory scanner can handle that with no problems. most likely some corrosion on the impact sensor.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
i think i rember seeing this on a gmc. just means the airbag wont go off.. my sunfire has been like that since i bought it.

·
Get you some
3,419 Posts
I can almost bet the connectors that reside behind the e-brake trim panel have a connection issue. Seen this 100 times. You can verify by removing trim panel and just move the connectors around. The light may go out while doing this and key must be on. Or you may have one of the connectors below under seat broke. Sometimes people put flashlights along the drivers seat and it breaks off the drivers seat pos.sensor connector..Just check these things and let us know what you find..

·
Registered
51,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can almost bet the connectors that reside behind the e-brake trim panel have a connection issue. Seen this 100 times. You can verify by removing trim panel and just move the connectors around. The light may go out while doing this and key must be on. Or you may have one of the connectors below under seat broke. Sometimes people put flashlights along the drivers seat and it breaks off the drivers seat pos.sensor connector..Just check these things and let us know what you find..
The vehicle only has 66,000 miles on it....ya think it's possible a connector broke?.

I'll remove the trim panel tomorow and check those connections and if it's not obvious that's the problem then i'll get it scanned.

·
Registered
5,156 Posts
Sorry, but if you are not a Auto Tech. that has been trained on Airbag safety and operation I strongly suggest not messing with connectors. Air bags are dangerous and I say take it to a trained Pro.

·
Registered
51,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry, but if you are not a Auto Tech. that has been trained on Airbag safety and operation I strongly suggest not messing with connectors. Air bags are dangerous and I say take it to a trained Pro.
F'it...i'll just take it in. I don't need the bag going off when i'm fuggin' with it and I don't want it not going off if it should need to.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
51,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
does the light blink before staying on? count the blinks and it will give you the code.
Nope, on hard. Just started this weekend. It gives a hard light on the cluster and a "service airbags" verbage where the odometer reads.

·
Registered
51,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I appreciate the input but i'm just going to let someone certified in such matters take a gander at it. The vehicle stays local with hardly any milage racked up ( maybe a mile or two a day ), but it'll be for peace of mind.

Thanks though.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Just disconnect the battery before you check anything, and dont put power on any sir circuits. I work at a GM dealer, i agree with whom ever said check connection under the seats. Its been my experiance its mainly been the passenger seat and the seat harness gets caught in the seat track. Easy fix.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts