Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know chevy has had problems with their dashes, extended the warr. for a while, but mine has 97K, i think they stopped it at 70K
anyway, a couple times all the gauges went dead, then came back
then around 50 mph the speedometer needle would jump a little-yesterday it wouldnt read above 10 MPH, but the odometer worked-today it seemed to work
my guess its the whole cluster?-how do you get all the trim off to replace it, if thats what i need to do-and does it screw up the computer if you replace it-prob time to dump it, as i'll prob have to replace all the brake lines after this winter, they had already started rusting
i remember when stuff lasted, lol

·
Registered
49 Posts
the special coverage cut off at 80k so dealership ain't much help trim just pops off you will have to have it programmed for option conf. most parts dept can order with mileage programmed

·
Registered
20,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i'll ck with my buddy in parts
someone sug. Ebay, looks like some rebuild services on there

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
You can get a reman cluster from Dorman products,takes about a week or so to get,they program it with your VIN,mileage and hours on the hour meter. Then you can just swap it out,takes about 1/2 hour. If you send yours to be rebuilt you will be without for a week or so. We have installed several at my shop they are all working good.

·
Boosted Fredneck
2,417 Posts
Sent mine to a shop in Florida, something like $150 they replaced all the stepper motors & recalibrated it. Turn around in a couple days.

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
If you can use a sodering iron, and have about 1 hour time you can fix it yourself.Buy the upgraded stepper motors on ebay,(6 for 35$) plus shipping.Everything snaps apart on the guage cluster,pull the needles off,soder the new motors in,needles back on,snap together.It took me less than 1 hour tops.They even come with instrustions.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts