Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How light can you get a Chevy Luv short bed? Im thinking of putting an LS2(alum block) and th350 in one and want to know what some of your weights are.

Thanks

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Another question, are the rears in these the standard GM corporate 7.5" like in Monzas and Camaros, or some kind of Isuzu rear? Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
How light can you get a Chevy Luv short bed? Im thinking of putting an LS2(alum block) and th350 in one and want to know what some of your weights are.

Thanks
Another question, are the rears in these the standard GM corporate 7.5" like in Monzas and Camaros, or some kind of Isuzu rear? Thanks for any info.
Very light . would this be race only ? My street truck is 2800 with me , 240# in it & 12 point chromemoly . It could be lighter .

The factory rear axles are Isuzu and center load like a 9 inch . The very rare 10 bolt 8.5 s 10 rear works . I always build 9 inched . I have heard people using a dana 44 from a mail jeep with ford truck bolt pattern .

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It would be street mostly. Thanks for the tip on the Dana 44. I was hoping to get down to around 2200-2400 with aluminum engine before a cage. Probably not much else to save weight on. Maybe fiberglass hood and lexan rear glass would be about it for weight savings?

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Mine weighed less than 2000lbs when I picked it up. Totally stripped. No interior, no dash, except for a aluminum one, had a drag seat only. No motor no trans. With m/t 29.5 slicks. No bumpers or tailgate. Aluminum bed floor. Had all glass except back window. 8pt cage. Stock front suspension when I got it but put on Mustang 2 suspension and it had a 9in rear in it also.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
It would be street mostly. Thanks for the tip on the Dana 44. I was hoping to get down to around 2200-2400 with aluminum engine before a cage. Probably not much else to save weight on. Maybe fiberglass hood and lexan rear glass would be about it for weight savings?
Dana 44's are in SOME of the OLD mail jeeps.

The current "GM" based mail vehicles are Astro van 10 bolt axles.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
I had a 66-67 chevy ll 12 bolt in mine.
I blew the stock rear back to Japan the first time I hit 2nd gear under full power.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
mine isnt a luv but its physically bigger. mine complete with 12 pt cage, steel big block, glide, ford 9 inch all steel body weighs 2580 without me

1 - 8 of 8 Posts