Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read on here where most people doing a leaf spring radial car are using adjustable front mounts and rear slider brackets, and it seems everyone's consensus is to use the factory 2 locations as the bottom hole in the adjustments on each end of the leaf. My 66 has had the springs moved inboard and aftermarket frame rails put under it at some point in its life and I was hoping someone could give me some factory measurements from the ground to the center of the front mount bolt and the rear to the center of the mount bolt or factory shackle bolt. I'm basically looking for the factory offset height from front to rear of the spring. Any help would be greatly appreciated on the subject

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Can't go by ground as tire diameter determines that.
This is true, however the fixed mounts in the car will not change as long as your not measuring the shackle bolt, and the car is level. I basically need to know how much higher the rear of the spring is mounted vs the front, so I can keep that geometry throughout my adjustable mounts, just making them go up higher in the car. Thank you

·
Senior with common sense
9,045 Posts
i like the chrysler spring location where axle is forward of 50% centerline of spring. and anti squat. line is a few degrees towards rise.. with most of the built in room to the adjustment to go towards anti squat.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree , the car is likely going to be n/a bbc until the funds come for a procharger, so I'm trying to keep as much adjustability in the car as possible, not to say it will be impossible to make work right, but it will be a learning experience

1 - 5 of 5 Posts