Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
19,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as it says, Anyone hate? anyone like? My DD 2011 equinox was totaled im waiting to see how much the insurance gives me I need to replace it ASAP. Looking for real feedback!

·
draggin' ass
13,418 Posts
I have driven a few thousand miles in rental cruzes and really like the car. Honestly, my worst complaint as a driver is I cant get the right side ac vent on the center stack to rotate towards the driver enough so I only get real use of two ac vents. Very predictable handling, good mpg and very familiar lay out to anyone who owns a modern GM product.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I own a 2012. No complaints. As stated great mileage. I drive 120 miles a day and get close to 40mpg. Drives nice, rides good for a small cheaper model car. Got 52k on it with no problems.

·
Registered
19,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im looking at used certified as of now til I know what my insurance will value the wreck at. The 2012 eco w6spd looks sporty and says 42mpg so that's a good deal I commute 65 miles a day.

·
draggin' ass
13,418 Posts
I have driven the eco model and the regular one and for the 3 mpg or so stated on the ratings difference, I would not go for it. The eco has a very lazy drive and in driving the regular one nicely I have had nearly identical mileage.

·
Registered
7,506 Posts
The woman has a 5sp base model 2012 Cruze she gets good mileage and drives the piss out of it.
She has 60,000 miles on it or more. She put 49,000 on it the first year for her job.

She likes it and recommends it highly.

She's still on the original alignment and Firestone tires.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
my wife has the 2013 Cruze LTZ...nice dependable car. Wish gm would have used the 1.8L with the turbo instead of the smaller 1.4L. Still good enough for her and plenty of room inside.

·
In the Beams.
21,997 Posts
I worked at Chevy dealership and hardly see any ,if all in the service drive ( just routiine oil changes or tire rotation ), extremely reliable and dependable . Just a great car !

two front seats are roomy for two adults and they are fun to drive .

You'll be happy and 5 star crash rating too. great MPG !

·
Banned
23,371 Posts
I had a 2014 as a rental today. I've had lots of rental cars over the years, and this is the only one I've ever had trouble getting in and out of (I'm around 5'10"). Had my neighbour try it ... same thing (he's around 5'8"). Unless you're a real skinny guy, and can bend like a pretzel, I'd strongly suggest you bring a winter coat when doing a test drive. I can absolutely state that there is no way I could get in with a winter coat on.

·
draggin' ass
13,418 Posts
turbo!!!!! Without a doubt

·
Registered
647 Posts
I have a 12 with roughly 40k on it and love it. It's so much more comfortable than my old cobalt. No complaints other than wishing it had a little more power, but I can deal with it averaging 40 mpg.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I had a 2014 as a rental today. I've had lots of rental cars over the years, and this is the only one I've ever had trouble getting in and out of (I'm around 5'10"). Had my neighbour try it ... same thing (he's around 5'8"). Unless you're a real skinny guy, and can bend like a pretzel, I'd strongly suggest you bring a winter coat when doing a test drive. I can absolutely state that there is no way I could get in with a winter coat on.

ARE YOU 5' 10" AROUND OR 5'10" TALL?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have an '11 LT and aside from being really boring, it's a great car.

I got probably the worst options for mileage ('11 had shorter final drive, and mine is an LT automatic). I still see an average of 38 not trying at all.

I think next year I may look for a leftover ECO manual.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Btw, I'm 5'10" and 250lbs. No problem getting in or out. 140 miles a day and it's perfectly comfortable. We even put the wife and 3 kids in for a trip to grandmas and it was fine.

·
Registered
11,764 Posts

Move the seat back some. I'm 5'9" and 255 and have been driving one for a week now, get in and out just fine.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts