Super Moderator
45,885 Posts
A friend of mines?

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
80,350 Posts
LOOKS LIKE A BAD SPOT FOR A GIANT HOLE IN THE FRAME

2,155 Posts
While that is a pretty dumb place to try and save weight, I'm sure all manufactures use this process on light duty trucks. It has already been revealed that the guy had the trailer loaded to way more than 2100 pounds and was doing around 40 when he hit said "bump" in the trail road.

·
Pontiac "big block"
9,648 Posts
Putting that giant hole right at the corner of a dogleg, on a truck designed to go offroad is an interesting choice.

·
Son of Mr. David-get it ?
15,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
why does the trailer axle look bent also ??

Is that trailer loaded down with gold ?

As small as it is dimension wise, I cannot see how it could be very heavy.

I have seen cameras that give a distorted view of a pic

·
time to go racing yet ?
33,401 Posts
Is that trailer loaded down with gold ?

As small as it is dimension wise, I cannot see how it could be very heavy.

I have seen cameras that give a distorted view of a pic
no clue on how much it wieghs, but alot of guys build them out of 3/16" steel to take a beating... they are over built.... load as much shit in as you can im sure its around 1500-2klbs....... put it on a little truck and take it down really shitty roads. im sure something is going to bend somewhere

·
Registered
17,570 Posts
While that is a pretty dumb place to try and save weight, I'm sure all manufactures use this process on light duty trucks. It has already been revealed that the guy had the trailer loaded to way more than 2100 pounds and was doing around 40 when he hit said "bump" in the trail road.
What's in that little trailer that makes it " loaded way more than 2100 pounds " ? Is it filled with a yard of Concreat ?

·
stone broke baller
2,709 Posts
If that's the case...he's skrewed. For a number of years now GM has been covering customer abuse/neglect like this, for the sake of customer satisfaction/enthusiasm (GM's language not mine) but it finally has caught up to them and they have tightened the purse strings.

Wonder what engine. 4 bangers are only rated for about 3K towing IIRC. V6 is double that though

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Something does not seem right here. I agree, it is hard to believe that
trailer was so heavy, combined with a rough road to actually bend that
light duty frame like that.

If this is the case, you should be seeing a lot more of these failures.

·
stone broke baller
2,709 Posts
Just saw the other pics...that trailer is squatting, look at the +camber with that wheel. Bet that rig was airborne and landed hard. And the bent truck frame proves it. What a moron to even think about calling GM.

·
Smart Ass Conservative
112,815 Posts

·
Smart Ass Conservative
112,815 Posts
That's a tiny trailer with little room to pack a lot more than 2100 lbs in it .

·
stone broke baller
2,709 Posts
Just saw the other pics...that trailer is squatting, look at the +camber with that wheel. Bet that rig was airborne and landed hard. And the bent truck frame proves it. What a moron to even think about calling GM.
duh...what a putz...negative camber.
smoke another one maybe lol

·
Registered
7,998 Posts
I’d agree it looks like the truck must have went airborne with the trailer...either that or the bed was loaded when it hit the “bump”.
I will say that the early Ford Raptors have very weak frames that used to bend with even light hits, and the frame was different from F-150s, so I wonder if GM is using a different frame on those off-road editions as well? I doubt it, likely just added off-road parts, but it’s possible. Either way that bitch is fucked.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts