Yellow Bullet Forums banner

81 - 89 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
26,674 Posts
I also like the 327 for a nostalgia stock hot rod but the blocks aren't around anymore and he's got the 283 . min 4.88 if it's small tire more if it's tubbed . 67 elky what the set-up ? is this a Friday night around town hot-rod ? like that you want to build the small motor , it's a lot of fun doing the David against Goliath between lights
Gotcha. But a little 292 is a fun engine also, and still the original 283.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I liked to call them 283s even when they were 4x4
We tried to get those heatds to max flow over as wide an rpm range as possible
used a motorcycle flow bench as there were no auto ones then and we did not want anyone knwing what we were doing
stock rocker were all that was too

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
i only get to drive my elco a couple times a month during the summer so far, i lowered it and now there is a vibration at highway speed, i need to upgrade the rear control arms i think so i can adjust pinion angle back to where it should be. so when i do drive it i dont care much about road manners and whatnot i want it to rev hard and sound nasty as hell,

·
Registered
438 Posts
bottom of the page solid f/t lol with as much compression as you can get or that the fuel your going to use will handle .
lots of gear and a street t/r sticking through the hood 😼

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
i was thinking of a tunnel ram but i want to try and fit the motor under the stock hood

·
Registered
671 Posts
We made it out with our 283 hybrid.3.935x 3.300.Dart steel heads and 750 carb with 850 BP on e85.Went 6.27 at 110ish with 3 speed auto .3200 lbs.

81 - 89 of 89 Posts