Yellow Bullet Forums banner

81 - 95 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
27,190 Posts
I also like the 327 for a nostalgia stock hot rod but the blocks aren't around anymore and he's got the 283 . min 4.88 if it's small tire more if it's tubbed . 67 elky what the set-up ? is this a Friday night around town hot-rod ? like that you want to build the small motor , it's a lot of fun doing the David against Goliath between lights
Gotcha. But a little 292 is a fun engine also, and still the original 283.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I liked to call them 283s even when they were 4x4
We tried to get those heatds to max flow over as wide an rpm range as possible
used a motorcycle flow bench as there were no auto ones then and we did not want anyone knwing what we were doing
stock rocker were all that was too

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
i only get to drive my elco a couple times a month during the summer so far, i lowered it and now there is a vibration at highway speed, i need to upgrade the rear control arms i think so i can adjust pinion angle back to where it should be. so when i do drive it i dont care much about road manners and whatnot i want it to rev hard and sound nasty as hell,

·
Registered
458 Posts
bottom of the page solid f/t lol with as much compression as you can get or that the fuel your going to use will handle .
lots of gear and a street t/r sticking through the hood 😼

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
i was thinking of a tunnel ram but i want to try and fit the motor under the stock hood

·
Registered
676 Posts
We made it out with our 283 hybrid.3.935x 3.300.Dart steel heads and 750 carb with 850 BP on e85.Went 6.27 at 110ish with 3 speed auto .3200 lbs.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
just ordered a set of engine quest 200cc aluminum heads, i was looking more at dart iron eagle 49cc but i guess dart is currently having stocking issues due to being in lockdown in Michigan. engine quest advertises their heads at 270cfm at ,600 which is what im after but they guy im ordering through said there are gains to be made by doing a little bit of bowl blending, so i might try my hand at a little bit fo porting.
once the heads come in and my measuring toold i need to keep on with this engine build i will be ordering pistons then rods and getting the bottom end done.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
ya i know i was told they were aluminum, i could only find the link to the iron heads, but i did find a link to a magazine article about them being iron or aluminum, the price was 550 cheaper than the dart iron eagles, so i wont be worried if they are aluminum but i will have to wait and see.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
Got a link to those EngineQuest aluminum heads??.....their website shows nothing but iron SBC heads.
Sorry i got the manufacturer wrong. Not engine quest they are a company call qualcast. With a division called qualfast that makes performance heads. The info i got was that when pro action heads divided up RHS, qualcast and enginequest all got some of the tooling. Enginequest makes iron heads based off proactions design. Qualfast makes aluminum and rhs does both.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
just called bill miller and he told me to talk to eric at revco, said he could do a better job with a piston dome, i couldn't get through to him yet on the phone, but he was wondering if anybody had pistons done through him?

·
Registered
27,190 Posts
just called bill miller and he told me to talk to eric at revco, said he could do a better job with a piston dome, i couldn't get through to him yet on the phone, but he was wondering if anybody had pistons done through him?
I’ve had dozens done by Rebco. He’s good.

81 - 95 of 95 Posts