Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know of anyone has any info on replacement aftermarket engine cross members for Chevelles? I just had more fun than anyone should have putting in my new 540 CI BBC that I received from Steve Morris it has oil pan fitment problems had to notch out the old cross member and still will have steering issues would like to replace with aftermarket cross member and manual rack assembly. Any help / suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Take a look at TRZ's website and look at there rack & pinion front clip to get some ideas on how to cut your current crossmember right out and replace with what you see. Should work well. Good luck.;)

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks will do.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have a 598 in my 72 Chevelle and the ut fits fine with supplied pan. I did end up notching it and having it reinforced. I used the TRZ manual rack kit. Did the crossmeber notch so I could pull the engine and trans out at the same time. Pulling the motor by itself was no problem other then fighting with the minimum bellhousing bolts once I installed a CSR shield on my Turbo 400.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds good I did go to TRZ and that rack looks great. That will be by winter project. My Chevelle is blue with black stripes as well. Thanks for the info.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts