Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
23,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a recent report shared exclusively with CNN Money, car-hacking and online security experts Charlie Miller and Chris Valasek say the vehicles which are most likely to be breached are the ones whose critical functions, such as steering, run on the same network that connect the car to the Internet.
That's why the Cherokee and Escalade top the list, because the vehicles' Bluetooth and telematics, which connect the car to the Internet via a cellular network (such as GM's OnStar), are found on the same network as some engine controls like braking and steering.
Well, well, well. So much for some of our in-house experts telling us this would never be possible. :rolleyes:

http://torontosun.autonet.ca/2014/08/05/the-most-hackable-cars

·
Premium Member
49,715 Posts
I heard this yesterday. WTF! Now you have to worry about driving a car! :rolleyes:

·
Banned
23,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I heard this yesterday. WTF! Now you have to worry about driving a car! :rolleyes:
Just think of all the parents who are in for a nasty surprise after little Johnny or Jane downloads a virus via their cellphone. Good times for all!! :p

·
Premium Member
49,715 Posts
Just think of all the parents who are in for a nasty surprise after little Johnny or Jane downloads a virus via their cellphone. Good times for all!! :p
And that's why I like carburetors. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts