Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 3-Port PCV Catch Can that pulls vacuum under normal driving on 1 side of the Can. The other port is connected to the Turbo Inlets and is supposed to pull a bit a vacuum under boost on the other side. (probably not a lot)
Then I have a -12 on each VC to another CC for blowby..
Would there be a benefit to putting Check Valves on the VC Vents and opening up the small port on the FIller Neck as the source of fresh air into the engine under normal driving? My thinking is that I would have more vacuum on the engine under normal driving..
I was also thinking of putting an Electric Vacuum Pump on the Turbo inlet side and say switch it to kick on under WOT.. Just thinking out loud..

·
Registered
53 Posts
Done correctly you do not open up the cc to air flow. you put check valves on it so the turbos can help pull on the crankcase and in the event of positive pressure the check valves open up to vent. On some engines it's hard to keep the CC in vacuum as RPM goes up with heavy boost. So the check valves help keep it in vac. then bleed air if needed. The goal here is to keep the check valves from needing to open.

-Colby

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well hell yeah then.. When I added venting to my Valve Covers, the tune totally changed and all my problems with inconsistent Boost Control disappeared.. So if I can better control my blowby, I'll be golden.

I ordered some pricey Check Valves, but they will work with my setup and I won't need to mod anything other than screw them in front of my CC..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts