Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Jack Stand Racer
6,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its a clone but this thing is cool.... looks brands new ... i ran into it while at work, it was a detail shop getting cleaned up for the Volo Auto museum... i was told that the blower is fake but when the button on the shifter is pulled it starts spinning .. thanks to brian for letting me snap some pics and sit in the bad boy ... that right hand drive is sure strange ...

·
Jack Stand Racer
6,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
not sure if there is a such thing as a clutch driven blower...but i guess the car was built to be identical to the one in the movie... the dude i talked to said they were considering changing to look like the car in Road Warrior ... i said i'd leave it the way it is ...

·
Registered
15,534 Posts
Very cool. Yes, to be "correct" to how the movie was, the blower should only run when "activated" by the button. I was a kid and didn't know better when I saw Road Warrior, and I thought it was awesome when he turned the supercharger on and the car took off like a bat out of hell.

I'm not sure if I like the idea of keeping the fake supercharger or running a real one. I think it would be fun to actually run some boost through it.

·
This Space For Lease
2,304 Posts
"you can shut the gate on this one, Maxie.. it's the ducks guts!"

·
Jack Stand Racer
6,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol ...its a industrial park ... i see all kinds of interesting things while at work .. today it was like "holy shit thats the mad max car"...

·
Jack Stand Racer
6,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am the Nite Rider....lol ...did'nt that car have some sort of scoop on it...

·
Got Woodgrain?
7,527 Posts
That HAS to be the same car that was in Ocean City,MD in May!!!!! Its freakin awesome!

Anytime I saw it the hood was always down. You could look between the hood and the blower and tell it was fake. The blower case sits over top of a holley carb. Im pretty sure there are no guts in the blower, just the pulley on the shout to spin.

·
Registered
708 Posts
That is too damn cool!!!! Remember the first time I saw the movie, I had just enough knowledge at that point that when he hit the switch for the "blower" I said.."YOU CAN'T DO THAT!!"
....Moose.

·
Got Woodgrain?
7,527 Posts
fake blower or not, that is a bad ass big boy's toy. I'd rock that bitch 8 days a week!
The car was parked at Hooters all afternoon on Saturday in Ocean City. I hung around waiting for the owner, I was gonna ask if I could go for a ride. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
Mechanical injection, couple solenoids, a blower case with a bypass valve and an electromagnetic clutch..... You could make a real blower turn on and turn off.

Im working on a dual fuel engine. Will run on gas and 1 set of injectors on the street... Flip one switch and it will switch to a methanol tune, activate the 2nd set of injectors and the electromagnetic clutch for the belt driven pump.

·
Jack Stand Racer
6,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i would have loved to take that thing for a spin... i imagine i'd grind some gears trying to shift left handed...lol

The car was parked at Hooters all afternoon on Saturday in Ocean City. I hung around waiting for the owner, I was gonna ask if I could go for a ride. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts