Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
They say in the study that increased solar activity and lack of snow were the contributing factors.
Ice core samples were used to calculate the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere for over 800,000 years. You have to see the graph in the movie - the way it's presented!! At no time in the past million years has the C02 level ever gone above 290 ppm (or something like that). We are currently enjoying a spike during the past 50 years and are at 360 (again from memory) and it's going to hit 500 in the not too distant future. His premise is that the glaciers are the canarys of the coal mine and we are not going to last much longer....

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Ice core samples were used to calculate the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere for over 800,000 years. You have to see the graph in the movie - the way it's presented!! At no time in the past million years has the C02 level ever gone above 290 ppm (or something like that). We are currently enjoying a spike during the past 50 years and are at 360 (again from memory) and it's going to hit 500 in the not too distant future. His premise is that the glaciers are the canarys of the coal mine and we are not going to last much longer....
I prefer to go with what the unbiased Greenland scientists have to say about it. Not a movie pushing an agenda..

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
Simply awe inspiring

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.