Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
my other car is a broom
24,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got quite a few requests on how to do this. First off, you need your own myspace and your kid needs to make you his friend, unless you know of someone who is already his friend, then you can use theirs if they are nice enough. Next, log into your myspace, find your kids picture under friends and go to their page. The address bar at the top says something like member = and a number, about 6 numbers long. Highlight it then right click on copy. Go back to your myspace and go into your comments. On your address bar, highlight your number and delete it and replace it with your kids numbers from the right mouse (paste). Then just hit enter and your kids comments will come into your myspace and you can read what's going on! It's actually pretty easy. I don't think it's actually hacking when you're a nosey parent. Good luck.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Im confused, you can read their comments by just looking at their page if your a friend.

Or are you actually logging into there page where you can read messages, etc?

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Im confused, you can read their comments by just looking at their page if your a friend.

Or are you actually logging into there page where you can read messages, etc?
I was confused by this also. I think they mean they are reading the messages, not the comments.

I have a rule in my house. You don't receive privilieges to the computer without disclosing your password to parents when requested. If you have nothing to hide, you have no worries. If you are hiding something, you won't be doing it on MY computer and by my finances! Also, our computer is in the family room so that my husband and myself can monitor their activity. FYI, my sons are 18, 12 and 10. My sons have NEVER had a problem with this rule and I don't believe that thier social life has suffered in any way, shape or form.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
911 Dispatcher, I like the way you think. Maybe cause were both in Law Enforcement. I have 2 boys 6 and 2 and the big one is showing lots of interest in the computer.

I personally dont think kids under 16 should have a My Space page , but thats just me. I get phone complaints to check this place out and that out, but some of the ages I see are just mind bogglin. Also there are just so many other places now similar in nature it should apply to all of them.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
911 Dispatcher, I like the way you think. Maybe cause were both in Law Enforcement. I have 2 boys 6 and 2 and the big one is showing lots of interest in the computer.

I personally dont think kids under 16 should have a My Space page , but thats just me. I get phone complaints to check this place out and that out, but some of the ages I see are just mind bogglin. Also there are just so many other places now similar in nature it should apply to all of them.
They say great minds think alike. LOL

My eldest son, 18 yoa, is the only one who has a Myspace page. The two younger boys will not be allowed to have one until thier 16th birthday. I get the same phone calls from people to check out web sites, track cell phones, etc. My thought is don't give your minor child the cell phone and all access to the computer and many of your problems will be eliminated. Somehow I survived through my ENTIRE childhood without a cell phone or internet access.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts