Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the cheapest laptop or tablet that I can purchase to tune my Holley EFI HP? I am only going to use it for tuning. I have a bunch of Mac Book Pro's I use for my business and only need a pc to tune the Holley. I have seen some laptops for $230 but didn't know if they're are any cheaper that will still work. Don't care if it is a small laptop or large one.

Also, I am wiring my Boost Leash Bump Box in. I want to the button to be activated on the floor with my left foot. My car is all stock appearing on the inside and stock steering wheel. My right hand is on the transbrake and left hand holding the steering wheel. I want to activate the bump box with my foot. What would be the best button to do this with?

Thanks all.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I just bought a brand new Lenovo 15.5" screen laptop. It's Windows 10 which is a little different, but to works great. Want to say I paid around $260ish for it at Best Buy.

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Would this be a good one to use with a Grid and a nitrous controller?

Like to try to get one myself. should have looked at this before I made a post myself.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay. Thanks. $230-$260 is the cheap ones at wall-mart or best buy. One is an HP and one is a Dell. Windows 9 is what I want correct? I will be downloading the Holley V4 software and don't want any issues.

·
Registered
19,832 Posts
I orig bought a refurbished one with windows 7, was pretty cheap.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I had absolutely no problems putting V4 on my Lenovo with Windows 10. Windows 10 just looks different and is a little different to navigate on the desk top.

·
Registered
23,922 Posts
Surface Pro .

You can get a Gen1 Surface Pro on Ebay for around $300 refurbished . Buddy got one on Craigslist for $100 .

Proclips makes a nice dash mount for it . Touch screen makes it easy to make changes on the fly and monitor data .

Love this thing .

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Surface Pro .

You can get a Gen1 Surface Pro on Ebay for around $300 refurbished . Buddy got one on Craigslist for $100 .

Proclips makes a nice dash mount for it . Touch screen makes it easy to make changes on the fly and monitor data .

Love this thing .

No Officer, I wasn'texting. I was changing my boost curve!

·
Registered
20,704 Posts
^^I believe you have to be careful of "which" Surface? Don't some of those come with the "fake" windows, the RT or whatever it's called? You want the "full" version of Whenhozed

·
Registered
113 Posts
I tried the Asus T100. It would work but only has one micro USB port. I needed to charge and use the USB at the same time. Tried using a cable that does both with no luck.

Dave, does the Surface have both a full size and micro USB ports?

·
Registered
20,704 Posts
I tried the Asus T100. It would work but only has one micro USB port. I needed to charge and use the USB at the same time. Tried using a cable that does both with no luck.

Oh well CRAP I think some of the Dell tablets also suffered that fate. I guess manufacturers will NEVER get the point that we the PAYING customers want shit that works.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Why not use a bluetooth connection for data then can still charge thru the mini usb.

·
Registered
23,922 Posts

the Gen1 only has one full side usb , but doesnt use it for charging , it has a separate magnetic charging port .

Mini display port which Ive never used and dont know what it is......lol Video camera Im guessing.

The one usb was pretty common with lap tops when these were made . I think they came out in 2013

·
Registered
23,922 Posts
^^^^^^^ but never use the keyboard for what I use it for anyways .

I do think you need the keyboard for the Holley "hot keys " , but Ive never used them . Im sure theres a way to use the touchscreen for hot keys, just havent looked into it .

1 - 20 of 38 Posts