Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Back to the front!
5,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

I need a forged piston with a 1.33" compression height and a .927" pin. Need something with a +13 to a +20cc dish with the pin out of the oil ring, and releifs for a 2.02/1.60 valve setup

possibly something along these lines with the above mods? this was just something i found quickly
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SRP-139628/

open to any manufacturer, as long as its affordable...dont want a set of 700 dollars pistons, possibly something under 600 if its doable

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Cheap and custom don't go together. But like the above said check with Mark O'Neal on here.

·
Back to the front!
5,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheap and custom don't go together. But like the above said check with Mark O'Neal on here.
thats what i had thought. some told me last week they had Diamond change the compression height on their pistons and enlarge the releifs to 2.09 valve on the intake for $35 dollars for the whole set! I couldnt believe it! lol

I guess its more semi custom since it wouldnt be a scratch built piston, just a modified one

·
Back to the front!
5,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no other major piston manufacturers on here? or any dealers that can help work through it with me?

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Hey guys,

I need a forged piston with a 1.33" compression height and a .927" pin. Need something with a +13 to a +20cc dish with the pin out of the oil ring, and releifs for a 2.02/1.60 valve setup

possibly something along these lines with the above mods? this was just something i found quickly
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SRP-139628/

open to any manufacturer, as long as its affordable...dont want a set of 700 dollars pistons, possibly something under 600 if its doable

We may be able to help you with some DSS pistons in your price range.

219-861-1214 days

Alex

·
Registered
10,175 Posts
Get with Mike Nelson ( nos nelson on here)... you can click on the Arias link in my sig too... he won't just sell you some piston, he's gonna build and tell you WHY it needs to be built that way... the man is a wealth of knowledge... who woulda a thunk that I'd get a friend from buying pistons haha

·
Registered
49,841 Posts
Suck it up and save a few more $$$ for the right slug.

·
Back to the front!
5,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i think you guys are taking this out of context...when i say cheap, i mean not overly expensive as in i dont need a 700 dollar set of pistons...im not setting records, and really i believe a set of pistons that cost that much for my setup are overkill...period.

If i can't find what i need for the price im willing to pay, i will go to a shelf rotating assembly...these pistons are for a rotating assembly im wanting to peice together myself

·
Registered
49,841 Posts
i think you guys are taking this out of context...when i say cheap, i mean not overly expensive as in i dont need a 700 dollar set of pistons...im not setting records, and really i believe a set of pistons that cost that much for my setup are overkill...period.

If i can't find what i need for the price im willing to pay, i will go to a shelf rotating assembly...these pistons are for a rotating assembly im wanting to peice together myself
The piston thats right for the job will costs what it costs.

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
its cool to come up with something yourself,,,,.......BUT one thing i learned a long time ago. THE easiest way to go fast, is to COPY a proven combination.
That said, Tell Ryan J on Moparts what your looking to do and listen to the man !!!

·
Back to the front!
5,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The piston thats right for the job will costs what it costs.
to some people, maybe...i think ALOT of things in this hobby are way over priced and unrealistic...thats just me....pistons that arent much more than off the shelf but over 700 bucks- to me thats wild

·
Back to the front!
5,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
its cool to come up with something yourself,,,,.......BUT one thing i learned a long time ago. THE easiest way to go fast, is to COPY a proven combination.
That said, Tell Ryan J on Moparts what your looking to do and listen to the man !!!
Your right Tony, it is definitely easier to go with what is proven...but i enjoy the challenge...like i said though, if this is too much for me, im going to go with a shelf kit from Scat...im planning a rotating assembly right now over the new BPE 4.125" crank advertised on moparts, gonna see if its right for me

1 - 20 of 36 Posts