Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im flying out of cleveland and going to sarasota . what airlines are you guys using to get to the big drag radial race in bradenton in the fall ? im just looking to see where the best deals are at .

·
Registered
164 Posts
Flying out of Richmond VA on friday on Air Tran to orlando was cheapest. Renting car, driving and staying in bradenton for weekend, then back to orlando area until orlando race. Back in richmond monday. 10/24 - 11/3 and will be F**KING tried of racing for rest of the year .

·
Smoke Em if you got Em
12,831 Posts
South West into Tampa, and then out of Orlando!

·
Bring on the Metal!!
9,483 Posts
flying into Orlando will be the cheapest.
When I flew to Chicago and back last week, the cheapest of the "major" airports was actually Tampa. I checked all the airlines and discount travel sites and Tampa had cheaper round trip fares than Jacksonville and Orlando. But I actually got my flight cheapest leaving out of Clearwater/St Pete via USA 3000 airlines but as of Aug 18th they will no longer be working out of that airport but if you fly in/out of Ft Myers it's a great airline IMO.

·
Vendor
6,471 Posts
Philly to Tampa on Air Tran then back from Orlando to Philly still on Air Tran cost me around $180 total a few weeks ago. Brandon did you book your flights yet?

·
The Bullet Killer
36,720 Posts
Philly to Tampa on Air Tran then back from Orlando to Philly still on Air Tran cost me around $180 total a few weeks ago. Brandon did you book your flights yet?

yes, flights are done for me and the lady, and hotel / time share is done for orlando. still need rental cars (which is going to kill us for being under 25) and a hotel in bradenton

·
Vendor
6,471 Posts

·
Bring on the Metal!!
9,483 Posts
I stay at Motel 6 a lot when I travel if one is close by and so far I haven't had a bad room and believe me, i'm picky but frugal. Hell I stayed at Motel 6 in Joliet last week, it was $35.99 a night and the room was very nice and clean.

·
Vendor
6,471 Posts
That's where I stayed last year and was going to stay this year. The place in Mt.Laurel had a used bar of soap in the shower complete with hairs in the tub, but we knew the place was cleaned because they folded the toilet paper over. The room next to ours wasn't much better but I forget their issues.

·
The Bullet Killer
36,720 Posts
we stayed in a time share last year at orlando and it was AWESOME!!!!!! Im praying that we get the same place in orlando. But when it comes to bradenton, we havent decided yet.... Shit, i can sleep in the back of a trailer with a grill keeping me warm, but the lady might be a lil more picky! hhaha! im going to look into a couple places

·
Registered
13,160 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Aight guys - bringing the women folk down to the race and maybe my nephew is there a good non hairy tub, folded over used roll of toliet paper place to stay for this race close the track?

I suppose driving 20 minutes or so isn't bad if we have to. Not looking for a mint on the pillow type of deal either.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts