Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking for some cheap scales. Has anyone used this to find the weight of
there car(corner weight)? They claim to be pretty accurate

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
We bought 4 separate 1500# weigh scales that were not wired to reach other or a central box. They are 15" square and 2" tall with metal tread plate top. They were about $150 each. Them made some taper ramps and roll off pads from wood. I paid for one and 3 other buddies paid for one each. We share them and use them to weigh other cars for a little cash return. Just calculate your percentages. There are several listed online. Look for free shipping.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Ive got a set of RJ racecars manual scales. Not electronic but work good. FOR SALE NOW. Pm me for info.Thanks.DR.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
how cheap is cheap??? I use to have 4 beam style grain scales for years--but unless you have room for them--you will always trip over them..

·
Registered
334 Posts
I bought a almost new Longacre 4-corner scale with all the electronics for $800.00. While I don’t see deals like that all the time, I’ll bet within 6 months you find a similar deal online. Seems there are those that buy them, use them only a few times then dump them. An invaluable tool!

·
Registered
334 Posts
He said accuracy was +/- 3% which could be a lot for a race car trying to tune the suspension. But for $170, it will probably help on the cheap. Certainly user friendly until you start moving ballast around or subtracting pre-load.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts