Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is why guys like Monte and Steve want to kill me.....;) I dont buy anything....just little parts and pieces :-D

i know the gauge sucks but, i use it all the time

Hardware store 5.99 ball valve, -4 fitting filed flat and drilled out to accept a nitrous jet..;) The rest of the fittings were all "in stock" , leftover stuff

·
X275 O.G.
2,353 Posts
i'm using a autometer gauge for got to be 5 years never failed me and i hope it never breaks i'll be lost.. those big gauges are cool but i'll keep my cheapo setup;)

·
"Darkness"
4,942 Posts
I also think they can be over rated at times. I like the digital style that you can zero. Anyone else find that ambient temp will effect a standard analog gage?

·
T/S 368E
27,646 Posts

Nobody has a cheaper homemade tool than mine.
I still say, as long as you always use your personal tool, the actual numbers don't matter.
Keep accurate records with whatever numbers it says & adjust from there.
I keep mine in a box so the gauge does not get banged on or dropped.
I'm no expert & never sprayed a lot, but I never had an issue with my little plate tune up.
If I ever get the new fogger working, we'll see on a much bigger hit.

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How do you do that???
see the -6 line on the left side of the tool? you hook that up to the regulator, turn on the pump, open the ball valve and the fuel flows out of the -4 line on the right side, hopefully into a jug LOL, You read the pressure on the gauge. The ball valve allows you to adj the reg and try it without having to shut the pump on and off, Makes it a nice safe one man operation

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I made mine from a liquid filled Ashcroft gage I got from Grainger for about $30 and the rest of the stuff I had lying around the garage. I have to open the plug on the gage every time I use it to re-zero the gage because of the expansion and contraction of the liquid in the gage. If I were to do it again, I would get the same gage but non-liquid filled.

·
Tellin' it like it is
9,712 Posts
^^ I have a similar setup I made from a gauge out of the McMaster Carr catalog. Works like a champ.

As the others say, the actual number you get isn't as important as using the same gauge everytime. It doesn't matter so much if your gauge says 5psi and the actual pressure is 4.75psi, you just always need to know what your tuneup is doing when you're showing 5 on your gauge.

·
Thread killa
7,912 Posts
see the -6 line on the left side of the tool? you hook that up to the regulator, turn on the pump, open the ball valve and the fuel flows out of the -4 line on the right side, hopefully into a jug LOL, You read the pressure on the gauge. The ball valve allows you to adj the reg and try it without having to shut the pump on and off, Makes it a nice safe one man operation
So you are just setting the fuel pressure not the n2o??

And do you do this for every jet change?

·
Registered
107 Posts
The way that I see it as long as you use the same gauge all of the time and you have your tune up right (the plugs look good) who really cares what the gauge says as long as it reads the same everytime!

·
Tellin' it like it is
9,712 Posts
The way that I see it as long as you use the same gauge all of the time and you have your tune up right (the plugs look good) who really cares what the gauge says as long as it reads the same everytime!
Thats also the point I was trying to convey, I just don't know if it came out that way.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Dumb question but how could I do this for a direct port set up (I run 8 #18 fuel jets)? I just receintly put in a deticated nitrous fuel system and and was just going to adjust it a few pounds above where I have it tuned (tuned for 50psi setting around 53).

I know that there are a lot of variables but what kind of pressure drops are people seeing on a 200-300 shot?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts