Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We were checking 4 link settings, when I noticed the driver side hole was 3/4 inch higher than the passenger side.Looking at the back of car the driver side is higher,ie measured to orginal taillights. Question is it ok to lower the shock mount on one side to bring car square?

·
Registered
6,311 Posts
Are you familiar with setting up a drag car chassis? Was the car on level ground, tires set, full of fuel, just like it would be going down the track? Do you have preload in the car? I like to use levels and check the frame for level since bodies can be mounted in weird ways and can be way off. The chassis is what matters, not the body so much.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
set ride height back to orginal specs and chassis came to within 1/8 inch of the bottom frame holes on 4 link. Seems that brackets were off measuring from crossbar by that much.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I like to use levels and check the frame for level since bodies can be mounted in weird ways and can be way off. The chassis is what matters, not the body so much.

X2...

I have never seen a drag car that sat perfectly level from side to side and you can never tell by the body itself. Sounds like you are figuring it out though. If you know someone that is able to set pre-load and scale the car, that is where you should start in getting it figured out.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Scaled the car, 2947 with me. 1470 on front 49.8%,1477 on rear 50.12%,754 on right rear 51%,723 left rear 48.9%. All bars set neutral. Should I put preload in or leave it alone?

·
Registered
6,311 Posts
What does all bars set neutral mean? I hope you mean the top right 4 link bar is neutral and the others are set right to square the rear end in the car and set the pinion angle. Is the car on level surface and is the chassis level side to side in the front and rear? Tire pressure right? Anti roll disconnected if it has one?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, that is what I was meaning , chassis is level side to side, tire pressure set to 7.5 rear and 35 psi front, anti roll is disconnected. Pinion angle is 1.5 degrees down. Car is sitting on level chassis boxes. 4 link is set to 43.4" out 6" up and 80% anti squat.

·
Registered
6,311 Posts
I'd run it and see what it does and if it wants anything. You never said how fast it was.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Car has run a best of 8.72 at 156 1/4 , 5.60 124 1/8. average has been 8.80 154, and 5.70 121,60 ft are shit at 1.281-1.321.

·
Registered
6,311 Posts
Yes the 60 ft is slow. I was running 5.90 @ 116 mph with 1.30 sixties at 2800 lbs with a 468 BBC. With the 565 motor at 2950 Lbs my car ran 5.30s with 1.18 to 1.20 sixties.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Car looks correct now. Before resetting ride height, you could look from behind car and see it was way higher on driverside. Car always went straight, little wander on big end. Car has a spin issue, not sure if it is 4link, shock setting, or?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts