Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
136,618 Posts
Fast I doubt too much chassis would be a problem for any HP level. Under chassis would be a concern obviously. I believe the benchmark is to over chassis all cars nowadays. It makes things safer and gives you room to advance in ET without dumping a boat load of money into the car twice...

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
a strong chassis is the foundation for a good racecar.Every chassis we build is as strong as possible but planed out to support the important suspension areas in the car(shocks,anti-roll bar,control arms-four link-ladder bars)as well as prevent flex in the rest of the car.If you take the flex out of the equation you can concentrate on the suspension itself.A good set of shocks is used to control the speed of the suspension movement.As Monty said it is not a bad idea to slightly overbuild(don't go over board with a bunch of bracing that is too big and in places that do nothing,you'll just be adding weight) or make provisions for updates later.When we put a bar or cage in a car here we do it so that nothing has to be cut out just added to.I am sorry i did not get to your question earlier fasterw18s i will try harder to get to them as they come in.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No worries, Thanx!

I think my chassis came out great, but I had plans to run lo 8s, and now monies are limiting me to the 10s. That is why I asked, it just seems a little lazy off the line, but I have changed a couple of things for this season, and hopefully I'll find out Friday nite.

10.70 w/a 1.56 60" Last pass last year.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts