Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm kind of new to the tuning dept. and I'm wondering if some of you guys can help me out in telling me what I can do to adjust my car.

Here is a video that shows what it is doing.
http://pro82camaro.com/Movies/07-24-05 TT1-run-24.wmv

Now my question is, does it look like the rearend is crooked in the car? The reason I saw that is because it looks like it picks the front up and puts it down to the right.

Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
What is the pre load like in the car, is there any, and if there is which side is it on?

have you scaled the car with a 4 corner?

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know what the preload is, i've never checked it. I guess that is where I'm looking for the help. How do I set the car up so that it is neutral? Once it is neutral, I can basically start fresh.

I haven't had it scaled. I really need to do that, hopefully this week or so.

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
You want to start with no pre load this meaning with you in the driver seat the front bolt of the right side ladder bar will side in and out of the hole with no resistance. This means the both bar are equal and upon launch they should both see the same load. it looks to me like the drivers side has a lot of pre load or the ladder bar is longer or mounts are off making the rear end out of square in the car this causing the car to jerk hard to the right upon launch. Also what shocks are you running and what do you have them set at. How many adj. holes are in the front ladder bar mounts and which hole is the ladder bar in ?

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am using Strange double adjustable coilovers with 130 lb. springs. I have the compression set at 5 clicks up (from the softest) on the driver's side and 7 clicks up on the passenger's side. The extension I have set at 5 clicks up on both sides. I believe there are 10 settings on both compression and extension on these shocks.

There are 5 holes in the front ladder bar mounts and I have them set in the middle hole.

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
I wouldn't adjust anything untill Gilsbach replies. I know some about ladder bars but Billy really knows his stuff. But the pre load and the rearend being square and ladder bar length are easy things you can check at home. Hope I have been some help

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not yet. I am racing this coming sunday, so i will try and get a shot from directly behind.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Ladder Bars

I'm no expert by any means but just set up mine after the car had major work done to it and it turned out perfect.The first thing I did was read Dave Morgan's book "Doorslammers" to get a better idea on how things worked. It's a little old but the princibles are the same. For the novice it's not the easiest to understand and will probably take quite a while to fully understand it but will definitely help.

I have access to lasers and measuring devices which made things quite easy for one person to check that everything is square in the car but you can still do the same with plumb bobs. I would check to see if your diff is in the car straight at least if your not confident in playing with the bars that will tell you alot and it's not hard to do. After that I set my pinion angle and preload which I put in the nuetral position when the car was race ready with fuel and driver.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts