Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have '69 Dart with Morrison double adjustable L/B.I have Afco single adj 5in stroke shocks in the rear with 125# springs and Pheonix 29.5-10.5 tires.Front suspension is a Alston mustang ll suspension with Afco single adj 3in stroke shocks.I am having problems with my car 60fts.One run the car has a 1.29 60ft the next it has a 1.75 60ft just blowing the tires off.I just need to know what i can do to get the car to be consistant.ladder bars are set level to the ground and I have 3* of pinion angle.I run 11.2#'s of air pressure.What else do you need to know to help me out? Thanks ahead of time.Thanks,Jesse

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Best thing would be a vodeo so you can see what is actually going on. It's hard to just guess at it.

Could need to hit the tires harder as in raise the ladder bars and or loosen the shocks.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Might help to have long shocks in the front. A little more travel up front helps on not so perfect tracks.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
I had this happen on a car once, fought it for almost a year...

Turned out top be a cracked slip yoke. One time it would bind the suspension another time it would work fine...

Look for something binding the suspension... all the components only do what they are supposed to I have never seen an inconsistent acting shock or ladder bar....

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have taken the chassis completly apart front and rear and have checked for binding and have relubed all the heim joints and control arm bushings and ball joints etc,etc and still no consistancy.When sun goes down it's hard to keep the car from beaking the wheelie bars?

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
Sounds like it is a weight, traction and power issue. When sun goes down track cools traction goes up. Your power may have gone up a bit too. this results in a wheelie from too high and too rearward a center of gravity. To fix the first choice is lower any weight you can, move any weight you can to the front. Second limit rebound on front. Third throw away power, one way or another.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Afco will be revalving the shocks to have a quicker extension to help out with weight transfer when the track is hot and not so sticky.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts