Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, looking for a recommendation for a paint or coating for my car. I will be picking up my chassis (25.5 style) in the coming weeks and want to get the cage as well as the underside of the car coated asap to avoid it rusting. I was looking at the VHT roll bar paint as well as the Eastwood stuff but wanted to get some options. Spraying the cage itself would be easy once masked but the underside will be tough because would be doing it on my back.

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Assuming bare or sand blasted metal, I would use a 2 part epoxy primer. If new/shiny metal, clean and scuff first. I have used a product from southern urethane and the Summit brand "chasis shield ". Both products worked well. I used the chassis shield on frame, core support/inner fenders and roll bar on my 68.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
288 Posts
Chassis work in progress on my car with back half / round tubing. Also looking to restore my open trailer. I’m leaning on products here"

·
Registered
16,091 Posts
After the chassis was built on mine, I had the entire chassis, and parts of the body (window channels, door jambs, rockers etc) sand blasted, and epoxy primed. I then added in seat mounts and small brackets/trans tunnel/floors etc, seams sealed all the joints, and then shot everything John Deere Blitz Black. That combo has seen over 100 passes, and about 4000 street miles without issue, and still looks perfect. IMO, well worth the effort and cost.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Depending on where you are located, I would suggest using Mobile Paints MoPoxy zinc rich primer and their catalyzed Mothane urethane topcoat. I would also suggest picking a standardized OSHA color i.e. safety red/Omaha orange/etc that comes in matching spray cans for touch-up. This is what we did and the paint was extremely resistant to chemicals/brake fluid/oil/fuel. The Mobile Paint line is available throughout the southern states. Good luck with your project!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts