Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 69 camaro that is already a 4-link backhalf car that was certified to go 8.50 but i change motor and tranny combo and i want to certify to 7.50 25.5 spec if i have the car blocked and sitting level i know there is alot of changes to make to the floor and the frame and rocker panels how important is it to have the car weld to a chassis fixture or is it ok to leave it blocked in 6 different locations and just keep the car level at ride height.

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
As long as you support the chassis well and level it all up you should be fine adding the extra bars you need. Most people build the stock suspension cars chassis that way or they use a homemade fixture.

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Yeah, you should be fine. And honestly, alot of it wont need to be done at ride hieght. Adding more tubes for safety isnt always critical to ride height, so if at times, its easier to get under the car to fit a tube or whatnot, go ahead and do so.
Kyle

·
Registered
7,489 Posts
i made some 2x3 steel horses to sit the body on , and then used some 1 1/2 sq tubing that i screwed to the rockerpanels from the bottom i then tacked the 1 1/2 sq tubing to the 2x3 horses and cut the floor out , the body hasn,t moved at all .

when i get some extra $$ i,m gonna get a 3/8" x 5' X10' plate and gte my buddy to laser cut a bunch of 1/2" holes on 6" centers and use this as a fixture down the road .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts