Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a blow Thur sbf with f1r and I'm in search of a good chassis dyno that can tune it. I live in mass and I am willing to travel a little any suggestions

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Dez racing
Seekonk Ma

He has had his hands on some real fast cars on that dyno , great guy to boot

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dez told me they don't do carb stuff

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Dez is a wiz at electronic fuel injection. If he told you he doesn't do carbs then it will be up to you to learn on his machine. Buy a jet kit and keep trying different things to get the drivability the way you want it and then bring it down there to tweak it. With your blow through setup I'm sure it'll be a little bit of a challenge but I'm sure if you persevere, you'll get it.

That's what my brother and I did with my new 347 that he built me this past winter. We kept working on the carb until we thought we had it perfect. The drivability was awesome! However, when we went down to Mike's shop to see what it would make for power, we noticed after the first run that it was running lean at WOT. It made 408 rwhp/379 rwt but was very lean at WOT. We pulled off the air cleaner, removed the carb, changed the secondary jets two sizes richer, bolted it back on and picked up 11 horsepower/3 ft./lbs. of torque. The air/fuel graph was right on the money from idle up until peak power. All in all, my car was on his machine for about 40 minutes. We made 4 pulls, performed one jet change, and had some fun. He only charged me $100.00.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Dez told me they don't do carb stuff
sorry overlooked the part you said carb ,

If i recall as well in Ri karls east coast speed , im pretty sure they have a customer with a blow thru setup that they have tuned

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think its time to buy one and learn how to use it

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
I think its time to buy one and learn how to use it
A wideband O2 is a must with a boosted engine. You can get it mostly sorted out on a deserted street with a wideband O2 setup.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts